Saturday, February 8, 2014

What a Week!

I usually don't post on the weekends but I figured I'd offer a reason for my lack of commenting and my possible lack of post next week.

As you may or may not know, the east coast got hit with an ice storm this past week.  It was super fun, so fun that some branches in our back yard decided to make it even more fun and destroy the chimney on the house and take out the power line to the house.  So we are on day four of no power.  Thank God for generators.  I am at Barnes and Noble now trying to keep warm and get up to speed on some blog reading.  

I don't know when we'll have power again but hopefully soon.  I'm kind of over it.

On a better note - I love my new job and my schedule isn't as bad as I thought it would be considering I'm the new girl :) and I've been at work for most of the days that we didn't have power.   I also got my hair cut yesterday and booked hair and makeup for the wedding.  I also went to the local cupcake place and Josh and I tasted 6 cupcakes for the wedding.  It's a tie between snickerdoodle and black forest.  I think we may do half and half. :)

4 comments:

  1. The snickerdoodle cupcake sounds so yummy! I am so glad I haven't been back home dealing with all the crazy winter storms!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so yummy! and yeah the weather this winter has been insane!

      Delete
  2. Holy moly, 4 days without power sounds awful! And I agree with Kiki that snickerdoodle cupcakes sound amazing!
    - Rachel @ With Love, Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to hear you love your job and that you're nailing stuff down for the wedding! So sorry to hear about the power outage though :( Hope it comes back soon!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I loved hearing from you!