Thursday, February 6, 2014

Liebster :)

Selena from Oh, The Places We Will Go has nominated me for the Liebster award!!!  Thanks so much Selena!


These are the questions she asked:

1. What is one challenge that you have set for yourself this year?
To save everything I can and live minimally.  I am ok at saving but I need to get better.  I am an impulsive buyer and it's a problem sometimes.  I have gotten much better and Josh and I have been slowly getting rid of things that we don't use anymore or don't need.  This is definitely a work in progress and will take the whole year but we are moving in May and want to take as little as possible with us.

2. What is the biggest obstacle you have faced while traveling?
I don't know if you'd call it an obstacle but one of the hardest things that I've had to deal with is witnessing extreme poverty.  During my first trip to Chicago we were working with impoverished people and it was hard for me, not because they made me uncomfortable but because I couldn't do anything more than I was doing - I was only 14 years old and this hit me hard.  Also, in Costa Rica, witnessing the places that these children lived was heartbreaking.  They didn't have proper shelter and by the way they scarfed down their food during school lunch, I'm guessing they don't have proper food either.  It's heartbreaking and really difficult to see.


3.  What are some of your favorite sayings?
 Funny, one of my goals this year is to collect 101 quotes that inspire me and I have 20 so far which I have posted here and here

4.  In everyday life, what is one of your biggest pet peeves?
One is that I hate when people try to talk to me when I'm reading.  This happened at my old job all the time.  I had about an hour break between when I worked in the kitchen and when I worked as a host and it made no sense to leave so I would just order some food and read my book.  I'd also put earphones in so people would think I had my music in.   But they would still come try to talk to me or just stare at me until I payed attention to them.  I had words with a few people about this.  It really bugs me because obviously I don't want to be bothered and unless its super important, it can wait until I come back on the clock *end rant*

5.  When do you feel your happiest?
 When I'm reading and when I have a trip planned to look forward to!  I am currently looking forward to our trip back to Central America :)

6.  What traits have you inherited from your parents?
From my Mom: my love of reading
From my Dad: my backbone

7.  What are your top 5 travel destinations that you haven't been to?
I also did a post on that here.  But of course I can add 5 more to that list!
* Montana/Wyoming/Yellowstone - I am a huge fan of the outdoors and would love to do a trip to this area.
* Rwanda and Uganda - I really am feeling a pull towards Africa lately and these two countries are high on my list.
* New Zealand - I would love to do a roadtrip and soak in all of the natural beauty of New Zealand
* Peru - I am dying to see Machu Picchu
* Thailand - I really don't know if I'd want to visit the cities but I'd love to visit the beaches.

8. What is your favorite cocktail?
I love Mojitos and Mai Tai's 

9.  What is your dream job?
Is professional traveler a job?  No?  Well then I'd have to say any job working with animals.  I would love to work at a rescue for animals like Elephants or big Cats.

10. If you could have 3 wishes granted what would they be?
* Ability to travel indefinitely
* End to violence in the world so that we could all travel and experience the best of the world.
* A cure for diabetes (or any chronic illness)

11.  What is on your mouse pad?
 I don't have a desktop computer and I don't use a mouse with my laptop, so I don't have one.


Because I've done this before I can't think of 11 new facts about myself.  Also, I am nominating YOU!  I nominate you to share 11 facts about yourself and answer the great questions that Selena posted!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks! I loved hearing from you!