Wednesday, February 5, 2014

What's In a Name?

Mackenzie is holding a one time link up for bloggers to share the reason behind their blogging name.   My blogging name comes from one of my favorite Jason Aldean songs.  I was listening to it on my way home from Zumba one night and thought "hey that'd be a pretty good blog name" and so I changed my blogging name to what it is now.  Here is the song - obviously I changed it from boy to girl.



She was raised up in Jersey
I said oh Lord have mercy
Never seen a one light town 'til she moved down here
She said I'm so bored out of my mind
Need a Starbucks and a wifi
Or a jet airliner to fly me anywhere
I said do you wanna take a drive in my truck
Don't pay no mind to that 12 point buck
Laid across my hood
You ever been to


[CHORUS:]
Rome Georgia
Picked peaches off the trees
Climbed the water tower in Paris Tennessee
Been to Florence Alabama
Drank muscadine wine
Just give me a chance to change your mind
So before you go and fly away girl
Let me show you 'round a country boy's world

Somewhere between there on a dirt road
When I rolled down my window
She smelled the scent of wildflowers on the summer wind
With just a bite of homeade ice cream
And a glass of Momma's sweet tea
This ol' holler's got a way of makin' friends
She'd never seen a glowin' field of fireflies
Or the twinkle of a star in a southern sky
She fell in love
We went down to


[CHORUS:]
Rome Georgia
Picked peaches off the trees
Climbed the water tower in Paris Tennessee
Went to Florence Alabama
Drank muscadine wine
She gave me a chance and I made her mine
Says she'll never fly away and she's my girl
It's 'cause I showed her 'round a country boy'd world

Oooh now she's riding shotgun
Sayin' baby let's run wild
And go down to


[CHORUS:]
Rome Georgia
Pick peaches off the trees
Climb the water tower in Paris Tennessee
Goto Florence Alabama
Drink muscadine wine
She gave me a chance and I made her mine
Says she'll never fly away and she's my girl
It's 'cause I showed her 'round a country boy's world

This is one of my favorites by Jason Aldean - it's not one they overplay on the radio so you'd have to buy his album to listen to it :)

5 comments:

  1. I love Jason Aldean! Such a good song. Thank you so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love finding those songs that I can just really relate to. Reading this made me miss being back home in the country! I have loved being on the boat in the water (for the most part!) but I'm looking forward to going back home, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah really love this! I grew up, up north and now having lived in the the south for two years I love love love it! Its such a different culture.

    Happy to be new follower! Tatteredtotaylored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally true! I went to college in VA and absolutely loved it. The farther south I go, the more at home I feel :)

      Delete
  4. I've never heard this song, but that's probably because I don't listen to lot of Jason Aldean! The name certainly fits your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I loved hearing from you!