*This is not a sponsored post!
The nerd in me is so insanely happy right now!! I am that person that has (for the most part) always loved to learn. I am taking a year long break now before I go back to school to finish my bachelors but I've really been missing school! I would be a professional student if that were an option. So, when Mar from T.O. and Fro wrote a post on this amazing website, I knew I had to check it out!
Coursera offers FREE online courses through Universities! You have to option of getting a verified certificate if you pay for the course (usually about $50.00) or if you're like me and you just want to learn, you can take the course for free!
I am currently signed up for seven classes! All of which start at different times. I am taking:
*Archaeology's Dirty Little Secrets (February 24)
*Archaeology's Dirty Little Secrets (February 24)
* Introduction to International Criminal Law (March 1)
* International Human Rights Law: Prospects and Challenges (March 31)
* International Human Rights Law: Prospects and Challenges (March 31)
* Introduction to Forensic Science (May)
*Paradoxes of War (June 1)
* The American Disease: Drugs and Drug Control in the USA (July 14)
* Social Psychology (July 14)
*Human Trafficking (August)
A few courses on my "watch list" to take at a later time (so as to not overwhelm myself or because they are not yet available) are:
*The Emergence of the Modern Middle East
* Human Evolution: Past and Future
*Resilience in Children Exposed to Trauma, Disaster, and War: Global Perspectives
* Marine Megafauna: An Introduction to Marine Science and Conservation
*Globalization and You
*Paradoxes of War (June 1)
* The American Disease: Drugs and Drug Control in the USA (July 14)
* Social Psychology (July 14)
*Human Trafficking (August)
A few courses on my "watch list" to take at a later time (so as to not overwhelm myself or because they are not yet available) are:
*The Emergence of the Modern Middle East
* Human Evolution: Past and Future
*Resilience in Children Exposed to Trauma, Disaster, and War: Global Perspectives
* Marine Megafauna: An Introduction to Marine Science and Conservation
*Globalization and You
As you can see, they offer a wide variety of courses from Universities all over the world!
I am so excited to get started! I also plan to review each course as I finish it. This is also great because it is on my 52 in 52 list to complete a free online course in a subject that interests me!
To learn a bit more read Mar's Post or check out Coursera's website!
To learn a bit more read Mar's Post or check out Coursera's website!

I am obsessed with Coursera. I've been trolling the courses looking for new ways to torture my already full brain. Love this!
ReplyDeleteOh, I have totally nerded out over Coursera. And then I've totally started classes and forgot about them 2 weeks in. Whoops!
ReplyDelete-Rachel @ With Love, Rachel
Interesting. Now if they just had American Lit class I need :)
ReplyDeleteWell this answers my question earlier about whether or not you're getting your masters! This website looks awesome! Thanks for sharing it - I'm going to go check it out! Maybe they've got some language courses!
ReplyDeleteNo problem!! :) Unfortunately, I didn't see any language classes :( I had the same idea
DeleteYa I'm so happy that you posted about this too! Isn't it a fantastic resource? I can't believe I just learned about it! My husband has even signed up for courses!
ReplyDeleteAh wow those sounds like SUCH interesting courses. I've been wanting to do some on coding so I will have to look and see if they offer anything in those regards. Or maybe even some more German!
ReplyDeleteThis sounds really cool! Love the idea. I am recently back in school taking a few courses and now my interest is even greater!
ReplyDeleteI highly recommend it! I am loving my class so far :)
Delete