Lets talk about one of the best and most random day trips I've taken - March of 2011.
Josh and I had been wanting to go to an aquarium but I had already been to the Baltimore Aquarium, so I suggested the one in Philly (which is technically in NJ). While purchasing tickets it asked it I wanted to combine the tickets with a tour of a Battleship. I thought it sounded neat so Josh and I agreed to try it out. We are SO glad we did! We enjoyed this much more than the Aquarium and are dying to go back when it's not as chilly and windy! Oh - this will definitely be divided into a few posts and posts will be VERY picture heavy :)
The Battleship New Jersey
Our view of Philadelphia.
The BSNJ was launch December 7, 1942 and fought in WWII, Korea, Vietnam, and Desert Storm. She was decommissioned on February 8th, 1991 and returned to the Philadelphia Naval Shipyard where she was built, on November 11, 1999.

Neat! I've toured some ships and submarines before, but nothing that big. Thanks for linking up again! I think people underestimate the power of a good day trip. :)
ReplyDeleteBattleships are so fun to explore all their little nooks!!
ReplyDeleteTotally! There were so many places to explore and we were only granted access to certain areas. I can't even imagine how many other areas there are to explore on that ship!
DeleteThats cool that she was used in Desert Storm, my dad fought in the war. i know my boys would love to venture inside and see what it was like when it was in use. How cool. Thank you for linking up!
ReplyDeleteIt's definitely interesting how many wars it fought in. My Grandfathers all fought in Vietnam so it was definitely neat to see.
Delete