Ok I am going to do short little rants about things that annoy me. Some of these are going to probably offend people but I really don't care, it is how I feel. A lot of these come from work and previous jobs.
The People Who Come into Applebee's and Can't Fit in the Booths: No, our booths are not too small, you are too fat and should probably take a look at what you are eating and maybe invest in a gym. Either that or a grave plot because if you keep up your habits you are going to have a heart attack and die. Sorry, truth hurts. Also, don't look at me like it is my fault, the booths are made for normal sized people and even slightly larger people, I did not make you fat.
There Are Definitely Stupid Questions: I worked at Wawa many years ago and I had more than one person ask "how long are your two foot subs" ..... *crickets* yes, this actually happens. And some of them really wanted dimensions, not just a visual. I can understand if you want to see it just to judge but when you really want to know how long it is .... seriously.
Cell Phones: If you are at a restaurant and someone calls you, go outside. If you are having dinner with your family or friends you really shouldn't have it on anyways. Also, if you are at a checkout line somewhere and the cashier asks you a question, do not look at them like they are the ones being rude, put the phone down for five seconds until you are done checking out. It bugs the crap out of me when families are out to dinner together and instead of talking to each other, they are all on their phones .... really?!? I have a strict no phone rule when Josh and I are at dinner.
People Who Can't Control Their Kids in Public: I could rant for hours on this one. I have even had a girl at work tell me that sometimes you just can't control your kids. My response: if you were a good Mother, you'd be able to (she got a little mad). If my kids were throwing food on the floor they'd have the food taken away until they stop acting out. I am sorry but if you can't control your kids, don't take them out because they don't look bad, you do. The people who work at the restaurants don't appreciate it and frankly neither do the other guest. I have actually had people request to move due to children acting like freakin' spazzes.
People on Tours of Natural Places or Hallowed Places Who Are Disrespectful: When we went to Luray Caverns, people kept wanting to touch the formations even though the guide told us and showed examples of, formations that people have touched that have stopped growing because of it. Also, Sistine Chapel is supposed to be silent and no photography but of course it was really loud and people were taking flash photography. Rude. Also, I have seen pictures of people in front of the entrance to Auschwitz and other concentration camps smiling. I'm pretty sure there is nothing to smile about there.
I think that is all I have for now :) End Rant.
People on Tours of Natural Places or Hallowed Places Who Are Disrespectful: When we went to Luray Caverns, people kept wanting to touch the formations even though the guide told us and showed examples of, formations that people have touched that have stopped growing because of it. Also, Sistine Chapel is supposed to be silent and no photography but of course it was really loud and people were taking flash photography. Rude. Also, I have seen pictures of people in front of the entrance to Auschwitz and other concentration camps smiling. I'm pretty sure there is nothing to smile about there.
I think that is all I have for now :) End Rant.

I can't stand it when people are jackwagons when they go visit sacred places!!!! I am constantly wanting to wage full war on the people who basically climb all over everything in Korea that is supposed to viewed as sacred....I swear if ONE MORE PERSON tries to climb in a natural water pool at another temple that I am visiting I am going to tackle them!
ReplyDeleteat pearl harbor I saw tourists smiling for pictures of themselves with the memorial...kinda strange I thought.
ReplyDeleteLove the one about kids girl! My whole rant was about that!!
ReplyDeleteMy husband also has a no electronics at the table rule, it's not so strict yet though.
ReplyDeletebtw, I've nominated your blog for the liebster award, you can read it here: http://bit.ly/LAwardx2