Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Longwood Gardens - Kennet Square, PA


A few weeks ago Josh and I had some time off together and wanted to do something.  We chose to go to Longwood Gardens because we had been wanting to go the whole summer.  Longwood Gardens is a huge collection of gardens started by Pierre S. du Pont in 1907.  There are approximately 50 gardens both indoor and outdoor throughout the property.  I would love to go back and see this place at all different seasons.  I was told that it is incredible at Christmastime with all of the light, so Josh and I definitely plan to go then. 

It was beautiful when we left the house and the forecast was looking good but unfortunately, halfway through our hour drive there the forecast on my phone changed and it started raining.  I had read that there was a huge indoor conservatory, so we decided to keep on going.   I'm so glad we did!  The rain never got so bad that we couldn't stand being in it and it did clear up later in the afternoon.  Also, there was a huge conservatory and we spent a few hours in that alone.  There is no way to fully enjoy this place in one day, but we had a great time walking around and seeing all of the beautiful flowers and fountains.  My favorite garden was the waterlily display which is outdoors in a courtyard of the conservatory.  I would highly recommend a visit to anyone who loves nature.

(I can not do this in one post like I thought I could, so today I am sharing the conservatory and tomorrow I will share the outdoors).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks! I loved hearing from you!