Friday, October 17, 2014

Book Review: Eleanor & Park

Eleanor & Park
By: Rainbow Rowell
Pages: 328
Read: 9/26/14


"Two misfits.
One extraordinary love.

Eleanor
... Red hair, wrong clothes. Standing behind him until he turns his head. Lying beside him until he wakes up. Making everyone else seem drabber and flatter and never good enough...Eleanor.

Park... He knows she'll love a song before he plays it for her. He laughs at her jokes before she ever gets to the punch line. There's a place on his chest, just below his throat, that makes her want to keep promises...Park.

Set over the course of one school year, this is the story of two star-crossed sixteen-year-olds—smart enough to know that first love almost never lasts, but brave and desperate enough to try."

{GoodReads}

 I don't know why but I went into this book with pretty low expectations.  While it didn't completely blow me away, I was pleasantly surprised and ended up liking it much more than I thought I would.  I really loved the characters; they are just so realistic and relatable.  I also love that their love story was slow building, it wasn't some unrealistic love at first sight kind of thing.  I wasn't a big fan of the ending though.  It's almost as if she got lazy and didn't feel like writing any more.  There is no real explanation about why Eleanor made the choice she made and their is kind of an unresolved ending.  The rest of the book was good enough that the ending didn't completely ruin it for me though.

  I would recommend this to anyone who likes a good YA book. 

I gave this book a 4/5 on my GoodReads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks! I loved hearing from you!