13 Little Blue Envelopes
By: Maureen Johnson
Pages: 322
Read: 9/20/14
"Inside little blue envelope 1 are $1,000 and instructions to buy a plane ticket.
In envelope 2 are directions to a specific London flat.
The note in envelope 3 tells Ginny: Find a starving artist.
Because of envelope 4, Ginny and a playwright/thief/ bloke–about–town called Keith go to Scotland together, with somewhat disastrous–though utterly romantic–results. But will she ever see him again?
Everything about Ginny will change this summer, and it's all because of the 13 little blue envelopes."
In envelope 2 are directions to a specific London flat.
The note in envelope 3 tells Ginny: Find a starving artist.
Because of envelope 4, Ginny and a playwright/thief/ bloke–about–town called Keith go to Scotland together, with somewhat disastrous–though utterly romantic–results. But will she ever see him again?
Everything about Ginny will change this summer, and it's all because of the 13 little blue envelopes."
I randomly found this book on the library shelf and picked it up because it had to do with travel and I was in the mood for something travel related. I ended up really enjoying the story. It wasn't some great work of literature or anything but it was enjoyable and a good coming of age story. I loved picturing the scenes throughout Europe in my head. The main character could be a little naive and annoying at times but she was also young. Overall, this was an enjoyable, light read and I would recommend it.
I gave this book a 4/5 on my Goodreads.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks! I loved hearing from you!