Like many Americans, my first time living on my own was in college. I attended James Madison University in Harrisonburg, VA and studied Biological Anthropology. During my Sophomore year, I moved into an apartment with 3 other girls. It ended up being great because we all got along well and were pretty much never there.
I really enjoyed living here and loved getting to decorate and watch all of our personalities come together. So, here is a photo tour of my first apartment:
Our Building:
Our apartment is the second floor on the left.
Mine and Caitlin's Bathroom:
My Bedroom:
Yes, I had a million stuffed animals. That hasn't changed, their just not on my bed anymore, haha!! and I did have a quilt but I didn't use it during the warmer months when this was taken.
Please excuse the unmade bed in this picture ...oops.
Common Rooms: Kitchen and Living Room
The couch cushions were really uncomfortable so my one roommate went and got the fabric that you see and hot glued it around the cushions! The fabric was so comfy!
Yes, I had a million stuffed animals. That hasn't changed, their just not on my bed anymore, haha!! and I did have a quilt but I didn't use it during the warmer months when this was taken.
Please excuse the unmade bed in this picture ...oops.
Common Rooms: Kitchen and Living Room
The couch cushions were really uncomfortable so my one roommate went and got the fabric that you see and hot glued it around the cushions! The fabric was so comfy!
This light did absolutely nothing so my roommate who was an art major painted this party light!
Yes, the thing behind the couch was our beer pong table. The mill was the name of the apartment complex.
The door on the left by the front door was the laundry and storage room. It was actually huge.
The door on the left was mine and Caitlin's bathroom and the door next to that was Caitlin's room - my room was right across from the bathroom. The hallway past the kitchen was Allie and Jenny's rooms and bathroom.
And that is the grand tour of my first apartment! Hopefully in the coming weeks I will be able to give you the grand tour of our new (rental) house!
What a great way to remember your first apartment, oh those college days!
ReplyDeleteSo neat! I wish I would have remembered to do this in college!
ReplyDeleteOh I so wish I would have had pictures of my first apartment. Soooo cool you do!
ReplyDelete