I talk so much about the places that I love when I travel but never the places that I don't love. It is just as important to talk about those as well. Everyone has different things that they look for in a place so I am always interested to see the places that people liked verses the places they didn't like.
I wasn't crazy about:
1. Nassau, The Bahamas
I have talked about not liking Nassau before but I've never really said why. I didn't like it much because it was hard to get around, it was dirty, and besides Atlantis, the beach, and Senor Frogs, there wasn't much to do. I like to go places where there are things to see. I am not one who can spend the whole day on the beach, I get way too bored.
2. Pisa, Italy
There is nothing to do. End of story. If you have to see the tower, then do it but don't expect to find anything else to do. I talked about Pisa here.
3. Madrid, Spain
I think this has to do more with my experience in Madrid than the city itself. It was our last stop in Europe, so I was sad about that. We were on the bus and lost for most of the day. Plus, the leaders were all tired and getting grumpy. My whole experience in Madrid was just not that great. This is the one place that I didn't like that I'd want to go back to. I think I might like it if my situation were different.
I think this has to do more with my experience in Madrid than the city itself. It was our last stop in Europe, so I was sad about that. We were on the bus and lost for most of the day. Plus, the leaders were all tired and getting grumpy. My whole experience in Madrid was just not that great. This is the one place that I didn't like that I'd want to go back to. I think I might like it if my situation were different.


I loved the history and museums in Madrid...but I was there for 3 days and had to ward off 4 attempted muggings. It was exhausting.
ReplyDeleteMy feelings are so the same about Pisa, Italy! We were suppose to spend a day there and ended up just taking a money loss to buy a ticket earlier since we were so bored. Def need just a few hours if that to walk around and the food options are not the best.
ReplyDeleteI love this post! You can't love every place you visit that's for sure. For me, I wasn't crazy about Montego Bay, Jamaica. Even though it was our honeymoon and I loved being their with my husband, the city just didn't do it for me.
ReplyDeleteI feel the same way about beach vacations. I can't spend more than two days on a beach before I'm itching to go and DO SOMETHING! I did enjoy the Bahamas, though. I went with a bunch of friends when I was 14, so maybe that had something to do with it! :o)
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you wrote this!! I have a partial post sitting in my drafts about this very thing.
ReplyDeleteI absolutely loved living in Spain (we lived north of Madrid) and Madrid has it's beauty, but I can't say it's my favorite part of Spain. Being lost or other similar circumstances can sure put a damper on a vacation, for sure!