Devil's Den is another of my favorite spots in Gettysburg. As morbid as it may sound, it's fun to play on the rocks, however, this was definitely a bloody scene during the civil war.
Devils den is located just west of Little Round Top. Devils den saw action on July 2, 1863 due to General Robert E. Lee's flank attacks, when Lieutenant General James Longstreet's confederate corps attacked the divisions of Major General Daniel Sickles' III Corps of the Army of the Potomac.
source
The Confederate's were victorious in this battle which left 800 union soldiers and 1800 confederate soldiers dead.
Devils den is located just west of Little Round Top. Devils den saw action on July 2, 1863 due to General Robert E. Lee's flank attacks, when Lieutenant General James Longstreet's confederate corps attacked the divisions of Major General Daniel Sickles' III Corps of the Army of the Potomac.
source
The Confederate's were victorious in this battle which left 800 union soldiers and 1800 confederate soldiers dead.

I've never visited Gettysburg, and where I'm from I was only four hours away! So much history though I think it would be cool to see.
ReplyDeleteIt's definitely an interesting place to see - I would definitely recommend it if you're going to be in the area :)
DeleteSo beautiful!Amazing pictures,now I want to visit it as well:)
ReplyDeleteI highly recommend it :)
DeleteWow, with so much history there, it would definitely be worth checking out. It looks like a cool place to go exploring.
ReplyDelete