The Redemption of Callie and Kayden
By: Jessica Sorensen
Read: 11/20/13
"The dark secret Kayden
has kept hidden for years is out. Worse, he's facing charges for
battery. The only way he stands a chance against the charges is if
Callie speaks up, something he'll never ask her to do.
Callie knows Kayden is going back to his dark place and desperately wants to save him. But saving him means admitting her secrets aloud. Callie and Kayden are stronger than they think, especially when they're together. Together they move forward, face their demons, and finally start to heal from their traumatic pasts."
{GoodReads}
Holy dramatic and sappy. I almost couldn't make it through this book because I wanted to throw up. Needless to say, I didn't enjoy it but I can't say I went into it with high hopes either because the first book was also sappy, I just needed to know what happened. But I think the Kayden feeling bad for himself thing just went a little too far. The one thing I did like is that Callie's character really developed and became a stronger character. Overall, definitely not a favorite of mine.
I gave this book a 2/5 on my GoodReads.
Callie knows Kayden is going back to his dark place and desperately wants to save him. But saving him means admitting her secrets aloud. Callie and Kayden are stronger than they think, especially when they're together. Together they move forward, face their demons, and finally start to heal from their traumatic pasts."
{GoodReads}
Holy dramatic and sappy. I almost couldn't make it through this book because I wanted to throw up. Needless to say, I didn't enjoy it but I can't say I went into it with high hopes either because the first book was also sappy, I just needed to know what happened. But I think the Kayden feeling bad for himself thing just went a little too far. The one thing I did like is that Callie's character really developed and became a stronger character. Overall, definitely not a favorite of mine.
I gave this book a 2/5 on my GoodReads.

I was disappointed by the ending. It was extremely sappy and there were a lot of sex scenes that I felt didn't really add to the book either. But I like you had to read it.
ReplyDelete