Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Halloween!

Today, I am participating in Helene's Halloween link-up!


At first I really didn't know what to share about Halloween.  I really don't do much anymore but when I was little Halloween was a big deal in my neighborhood.  We lived in a rather large development and every Halloween it would be swarming with kids.  Not so much since 9/11 which is sad because it was so fun.  People really got into decorating their homes would have crazy flashing lights and all that fun stuff.  We would be out for hours and come back with two full pillow-cases full of candy.  Seriously, we'd be eating Halloween candy well into the summer.  I wish it was still like that.  

Anyway, the topic I decided to post about is costumes.  That was always my favorite, seeing everyone's costumes!  For me, that was even better than getting candy (...maybe).

I had some pretty awesome costumes, if I do say so myself.  Also, I have to apologize for my parents horrible taste in furniture and carpet color.  I am almost embarrassed to post these because of that, ha!

  
This pumpkin costume was my first ever Halloween costume.


Casper and a Witch


Rocker, Angel and Bumblebee


Flower, 50's girl, Hawaiian


Belle - I was so mad at my Mom for making me wear that shirt.


Dorthy and Toto - my Mom made the Dorthy costume, she even got regular shoes and made them gittery.  She was the best Mom ever that Halloween!


I was sick on the Halloween that I wore this Jasmine Costume.  I wasn't allowed to go trick or treating but I wore it to hand out candy.


Hippie and Hockey Player


The super poor college student home made costume at JMU ... a Devil


Another super poor college kid costume ... cowgirl.  I had a hat but it got annoying.  Also, I want my hair to be that short again!


A cop

I have also been Sporty Spice, Esmeralda, a Belly Dancer, a Baby, and a few others but I can't find pictures of them at the moment.  The ones from the year I was a belly dancer are just inappropriate for the blog ... we got way drunk and decided that body shots were the thing to do.

Happy Halloween! :) 

5 comments:

  1. I love all of these costumes! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the record, my parents had the same carpet!! Dorothy and toto costume is hands down the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwww I love these old school pics! I wish i could have found some! these are just plain awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh we have a costume in comment.... Belle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe I'm broke this season. I might go with plain black witch costume & I already have hair like Bellatrix (the creepy witch from Harry Potter) so it's a win win!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I loved hearing from you!