Friday, October 4, 2013

Traveling Via Books

Since I can't afford to do much traveling right now because school and student loans *cough cough* are draining my bank account, I now travel via books and the stories that I read.  I love books that take me to a place that I have never been before or even back to places that I love.  There are so many great books out there that take place all over the world:

 Harry Potter - London, England
 Inferno - Florence, Italy
The Da Vinci Code - Paris and Versailles, France
Angels and Demons - Rome, Italy and the Vatican City
And The Mountains Echoed - Kabul, Afghanistan; Paris, France; San Fransisco, CA and Tinos, Greece.
 The Book Thief - Molching, Germany
The Lost Symbol - Washington, DC
P.S., I Love You - Ireland
The Secret Garden - Yorkshire, England


Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants Series - ...Everywhere
The Kite Runner - Kabul, Afghanistan; Peshawar, Pakistan; Fremont, CA
A Thousand Splendid Suns - Kabul and Herat, Afghanistan
Sarah's Key - Paris, France
Digital Fortress - Fort Meade, Maryland
Anne Of Green Gables - Prince Edward Island, Canada
Night - Auschwitz, Poland
The Alchemist - Spain and Egypt 
The Fault in Our Stars - Indianapolis, Indiana and Amsterdam, The Netherlands



I love traveling through the world via books.   One thing that I did learn while making this list is that I really need to try to branch away from Europe and North America.  I read a lot of books from both places but hardly any from South America, Africa, or Asia.  I will definitely make it a goal to read more books from different parts of the world.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you added The Book Thief in your list! That is one of my all-time favorite books!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I loved hearing from you!