Before I start with my regularly scheduled post, I would like to ask everyone to keep my little brother, Jason in your thoughts/prayers. Yesterday, he was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes. He is also Autistic which makes this even more challenging. This is also a reminder to me that your gut is usually right. I had been having this really uneasy feeling for about a week or so and now I know why. My family is having a bit of a hard time with this one since we have already lost two friends to diabetes and I have several more, including my best friend, who are currently living with diabetes. Good thoughts and prayers for him are much appreciated.
The other day when I was at work I was listening to my Zune (I work in the Kitchen so I am allowed) and the song Inside Your Heaven by Carrie Underwood came on. That song in one that I immediately associate with my trip to Colorado and I got to thinking about how certain songs take me back to the places that I have been.
The other day when I was at work I was listening to my Zune (I work in the Kitchen so I am allowed) and the song Inside Your Heaven by Carrie Underwood came on. That song in one that I immediately associate with my trip to Colorado and I got to thinking about how certain songs take me back to the places that I have been.
Today, I am going to share those songs and places. I think it is so cool that even almost 10 years later (OMG) that song still takes me back to CO and I almost feel like I am there.
1. Inside Your Heaven by Carrie Underwood and She's No You/Beautiful Soul by Jesse McCartney - Colorado
I listened to these three songs obsessively while I was in Colorado. Now every time I hear pretty much any Jesse McCartney song, I think of the beautiful mountains of Colorado. This was also around the time that Carrie Underwood won American Idol, so I was obsessively listening to her song.
2. Beautiful Day by U2 - Europe
We listened to this song every single morning when we got on the bus in Europe. I can not hear that song without going back to Europe. I also can't hear this song without texting my friend Britney who was on the trip with me. No matter when we hear it, we always text each other. Actually last week she left a comment on my Facebook about having heard that song at work. I then proceeded to look through my Europe pictures and long to be back there.
3. Hotel California by The Eagles - California
My friend James and I listened to this on the way to California, how original right? Every time I hear this song I think of the bus ride from San Jose to Boulder Creek and how much fun we were having. That trip was such a great experience and every time I hear this song, I think about that week.
4. (I've Had) The Time of My Life - Madrid/Europe
Although Madrid was not one of my favorite places, I always think of it when I hear this song. This was the last song Josef played for us in Europe. He called it our goodbye song but instead of making me sad, it makes me remember all of the great times we had. While it does remind me of how hard it was to say goodbye to everyone, it also reminds me of how lucky I was to be there. This song will always have a special place in my heart because of that.
2. Beautiful Day by U2 - Europe
We listened to this song every single morning when we got on the bus in Europe. I can not hear that song without going back to Europe. I also can't hear this song without texting my friend Britney who was on the trip with me. No matter when we hear it, we always text each other. Actually last week she left a comment on my Facebook about having heard that song at work. I then proceeded to look through my Europe pictures and long to be back there.
3. Hotel California by The Eagles - California
My friend James and I listened to this on the way to California, how original right? Every time I hear this song I think of the bus ride from San Jose to Boulder Creek and how much fun we were having. That trip was such a great experience and every time I hear this song, I think about that week.
4. (I've Had) The Time of My Life - Madrid/Europe
Although Madrid was not one of my favorite places, I always think of it when I hear this song. This was the last song Josef played for us in Europe. He called it our goodbye song but instead of making me sad, it makes me remember all of the great times we had. While it does remind me of how hard it was to say goodbye to everyone, it also reminds me of how lucky I was to be there. This song will always have a special place in my heart because of that.
No Air - Surprise, AZ
This damn song. Kristin and I went out there right around the time that this song came out and Alex lived right next to the town where Jordan Sparks grew up. So, this song was on NON STOP! It got to the point where we would literally be yelling at the radio for it to shut up. It's funny now, but back then we were so close to smashing to stereo in.
There are probably so many more, but these are the ones that stand out most in my mind. I can't hear them without thinking about these places.




Sending prayers for your brother and family! And I think it's funny how we associate certain songs with trips or life moments, I have a few favorites too that always bring me back to a memory!
ReplyDeleteLots of prayers coming your way for Jason. Hope he soon adjusts to his medication and to life with diabetes.
ReplyDeleteI definitely also associate certain songs with certain places... off the top of my head I can think, Tina Turner's 'Best' always takes me back to Stellenbosch when I first moved to South Africa. It was on replay in all the bars during that time, and the South Africans LOVED it :) xxx