Thursday, October 10, 2013

Around Maryland: Darlington Apple Festival

One of my favorite fall traditions is attending the Darlington Apple Festival.   I started going about 4 years ago when two friends and I went on a whim.  It ended up being so much fun and I have been making sure to get there every year since.   It takes place on the first Saturday of October and is one day only, so me and Amy made sure to make time this year.  It was Amy's first time going.

The Apple Festival is mostly a craft fair where people set up to sell things that they made.  I love finding cute decorations that are unique.  It's also fun to browse and see the different things that people come up with.  They also have a hay ride, horse rides, scarecrow making, and of course, Apples. 






 Amy and I ran into her friends Mom who was there with an animal shelter.  These three dogs are hers and I am obsessed!!!


It is a requirement to get an apple delite if you go!


I am really failing on the picture taking.  I forgot my camera in my car and since we had to take a bus from a parking lot to the festival, I was not about to go back and get it so I am stuck with phone pictures again.

4 comments:

  1. This looks like fun! What is the Apple Delite exactly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds awesome! We have a strawberry festival every year near where I grew up and I always used to attend. So much fun to just walk around and taste all of the quirky samples :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read about this festival! I will definitely be checking it out next year!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes i want to know what an apple delite is too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I loved hearing from you!