Josh and I both agree that staying in Maryland is not what we want. Other than college, I've lived in MD my whole life. Josh grew up in Southern VA and definitely liked it better there. We both agree that we'd love to move somewhere warmer, but we do have our exceptions.
Savannah (area), Georgia
Josh and I both loved Savannah and would love to live close by. Somewhere between there and Charleston, SC would also be nice. Savannah really is the perfect small city.
Houston or Dallas, Texas
I have family in Texas and I've always wanted to live in Texas for at least a few years. I feel like it's a place I'd fit well with.
Boulder, Colorado
I fell in love with Colorado when I went for my Uncles wedding. This is definitely an exception to my "no cold" rule. Colorado is stunning and it's so easy to lead an active lifestyle there. Plus, I have family there and it would be neat to see them more!
Portland, Oregon
Portland is one of the few cities I feel like I'd actually be OK with living in. I follow many Portland bloggers and it seems like there is always something exciting going on there!
Montana/Wyoming
This is the other exception to my "no cold" rule. I would love to live out where you can see the stars at night and there are plenty of wide open spaces! Also, all the hiking, climbing, and camping possiblities?! I can't even!
Nashville/Knoxville, TN
I've always thought Tennessee would be a good fit for me. We'll see if my opinion is still the same after I visit this summer. There seems to be many hiking trails and it looks beautiful!


My husband loves Colorado, but I really dislike blizzards. I'd prefer somewhere in the south!
ReplyDeleteNashville is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteoh I love Portland so much!
ReplyDeleteI have to agree with all of these! I would love to live in Colorado for the mountains and Portland for the ocean. I've been told great things about Texas as well!
ReplyDeleteWell as a native of Montana, and current resident of Colorado, I may be a bit biased... ;). I've traveled quite a bit and I've never found a place with the wide-open spirit of Montana and Wyoming! Depending on what kind of field you're in, though, Colorado might be a better choice, like it was for me. I've always wanted to live in the South, like Savannah or Nashville, because of the gorgeous history! I've also been to Portland and I loved it, but all that rain was harder on me than I thought! It'll be interesting to see where you guys end up :) thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeletePortland is somewhere I probably will live at some point as well. Growing up in Oregon I always loved visiting Portland!
ReplyDeleteI have lived in several places (Vancouver, Victoria, South Korea, Germany, Japan, Washington State, Colorado, and now Mississippi) and Colorado IS beautiful but living in a land-locked state was really difficult (for me). I love being just a drive from the ocean!
ReplyDeleteMy boyfriend and I don't plan on staying in Maryland either. We will most likely be going to Austin or LA within the next few years.
ReplyDelete