Wednesday, April 23, 2014

If You Want to Annoy Me

If for some reason, you decide one day that you want to annoy me, be one of the following people.  (PS I'm just in the mood to bitch, so this is what we get).

People Who Go Into Checkout Lines While On Their Phones
OH...MY...GAWD!!  Like, for real, this is one that actually makes me want to deck people ... in the face. In my opinion, it's one of the rudest things you can do.  No conversation is that damn important that you can't tell the person on the other line to hold on for a minute when you complete your transaction.  If it is that important maybe you shouldn't be having the conversation in a store?  If you must have the conversation in the store, don't get in line until you are prepared to hang up or ask the person to hold on a minute.  That or just use the self checkout lines.

I actually go into it with a customer at Wawa over this.  He was holding up my line because I was asking a legitimate question regarding his debit card and couldn't finish the transaction without the information.  He was too busy on his phone to pay attention to me so I put his stuff behind the counter, suspended his transaction and moved on to the next (annoyed) customer.  He was not happy at all.  I told him why I did what I did and we definitely argued a bit.  If any other manager had been there that night, I probably would have lost my job.  The one that was there could barely deal with him because she was laughing so  hard.  Anyway, the point of this story is don't be on your phone when you're checking out from a store (or when you're in a restaurant where you will be served, for that matter) ITS RUDE!

People Who Tailgate
 I am not a slow driver, but I also don't drive like I'm at Daytona.  The "main road" that leads to my street has a speed limit of 50mph; I usually go about 60 (unless it's rainy or something).  The road is pretty hilly and curvy so I wouldn't feel safe going much faster than 60.  This is my biggest pet peeve - when I am going OVER the speed limit and people tailgate me!  I am not one to slam on my brakes and try to cause an accident; I value my car, and my life.  What I'll do is gradually slow down until either they get off my ass or I reach the slowest speed I can legally go.  There is no safe or legal place to pass, so unless they're really stupid, they're stuck.  

Moral of the story? Tailgating is stupid, annoying, and unsafe ... don't do it :)

People Who Try to Talk to Me When I'm Reading
...and these things are not important.  I talked about this here.  Josh is also bad for this one.  He gets the stink eye a lot. 

Germophobes
Not like people who just wash their hands a lot (that's just sanitation) but people like the lady at Wawa who wanted us to change our gloves every 10 seconds.  HELL NO.  This lady, let me tell you.  She asked me to put gloves on while making coffee ... coffee!  Our hands never touch the coffee .. like at all.  I flat out said no and she didn't get a coffee.  Then she asked the guy making her sub to change his gloves, I kid you not, three times!  The third time he got pissed and walked away.   Nobody else would touch it so the manager had to come out and make it (and changed her gloves twice).  That's just a little stupid.  Also, studies have shown that Germophobes are more prone to serious illnesses because their immune systems haven't been stressed and are therefore, weak.

People Leaving Shoes on in the House
This is a weird one and I don't know why it bugs me so much but it does.  Maybe because growing up, at my house and my friends houses, we were required to take our shoes off by the door.  Josh has a hard time with this one but I am adamant about it because he tracks so much shit into the house.  

Now, I have told you how to thoroughly piss me off ... but please don't.

5 comments:

  1. Hahaha all of these are so true! Although I must admit, I'm guilty of a few :/ The germaphobes thing though - it kills me! I'm all for sanitation; I won't open a door with my bare hand, but I'm not about to inconvenience someone else. Except if they sneeze in their hands. If they do that I will throw a fit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't purposely put my hands on something germy, but man...I'm like the opposite of a germophobe and how many times have I been sick in the past 1-2 years? Maybe once.

    Now, ask me to drink or eat after someone and I'll think you've lost your mind. That IS a surefire way to pass germs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband leaves his shoes on in the house all the darn day long and it drives me crazy. It's like he is just up and ready to go somewhere at 9:30 at night until he gets in the bed. And then he inevitably steps on my non-shoed toes at least once. If you're at home, take off the shoes and BE HOME!

    Clearly it bothers me. I feel you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with most of those, except the shoes one.. I love shoes! In fact I normally wear them until I go to bed or have to take a shower... I might have a problem

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, the cell phone one drives me INSANE too! People used to do this all the time when I worked as a Pharmacy Technician and I needed information from people were trying to fill prescriptions. When they would be talking on the phone, I would literally just walk away. When they asked where I was going, I would tell them to let me know when they were finished their conversations and then I could help them. It was SO RUDE!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I loved hearing from you!