Last month was complete crap, so I am happy to announce that things are going much better this month! Quite a few things have been happening:
1. I am going on a really short trip to Chicago to help my friend Heather move her stuff. She moved there a few months ago for an internship and I was supposed to go but ended up having to back out. Now, I actually have a plane ticket booked and we are driving back so she can pick up the rest of her stuff and move to Knoxville, TN to start her new job. I am leaving at 6:15am (ugh) on the Tuesday before Thanksgiving and we plan to be back by lunch on Thanksgiving :) I am excited to be able to explore this city again and go on a roadtrip with my friend! I am also excited to be getting on a plane again, this is the longest it's been ... ever!
2. I have been applying to a lot of LP (loss prevention) and security jobs and it may have paid off! I had an interview on Monday at JC Penny for LP and will know by Monday if I got the job. It is only seasonal, but that's OK. Also, I got an email from Franklin Square Hospital saying that my application for a security officer has made it to the second round of review. That is one that I really hope works out because it is the perfect shift for me! I'd be able to go to classes at UB in the morning and then just pop over to the hospital after classes! *fingers crossed*
3. School has been going really well. After disappointing myself by getting an 80 on my first Criminology exam, I worked my ass off and was able to pull off a 98 on my second exam! I have my second Criminal Law exam today and my second Procedural Law exam on Monday and I feel really good about them :) Hopefully my grade reflects that! My goal is to finish my time at HCC with a 4.0 gpa!
4. Amy and I are going to the Maryland Irish Festival on Saturday and I could not be more excited. I am Irish by heritage and Ireland is top on my list of places to visit! I haven't been to this festival since I was very young so I am definitely looking forward to going back! I am really exited for the music, dancing and food!
5. I am 6 weeks away from having an Associates of Arts in Criminal Justice and it feels good! I'll be working towards my Bachelors at University of Baltimore starting January 27th. I will also be working towards a certificate in Crime Scene Investigation from UB to go along with my degree and possibly a minor in Psychology.
6. We are 6 months away from our wedding and I am surprisingly calm. I really am not worried about how anything turns out, I just want to be married to Josh by the end of the ceremony and then have fun with my friends and family. I really couldn't care less about if everything else is "perfect".
7. Josh and I are hopefully moving next month! If I get this job we are moving back to the neighborhood where I grew up. We wont be in the country anymore (ugh suburbs) but with both of our jobs and my school, the location is much more convenient. Josh works in Baltimore and it takes him over an hour to get to work. When we move, it will only take him about 25-30. It will also cut my commute to school by 30 minutes. It will also be nice to just have our own place. We've lived together for most of our relationship (another story for another time) but we've always had roommates. Don't get me wrong, we've loved each of them, but its time for our own place. We're getting a 2 bedroom town home with a fenced in backyard and a shed, finished basement with 2 full baths. My Dad's friend is looking to rent it out so I really hope I get this job!
So that is what has been going on lately! I am so excited about things to come and definitely excited that it is getting really close to the Holiday season!
4. Amy and I are going to the Maryland Irish Festival on Saturday and I could not be more excited. I am Irish by heritage and Ireland is top on my list of places to visit! I haven't been to this festival since I was very young so I am definitely looking forward to going back! I am really exited for the music, dancing and food!
5. I am 6 weeks away from having an Associates of Arts in Criminal Justice and it feels good! I'll be working towards my Bachelors at University of Baltimore starting January 27th. I will also be working towards a certificate in Crime Scene Investigation from UB to go along with my degree and possibly a minor in Psychology.
6. We are 6 months away from our wedding and I am surprisingly calm. I really am not worried about how anything turns out, I just want to be married to Josh by the end of the ceremony and then have fun with my friends and family. I really couldn't care less about if everything else is "perfect".
7. Josh and I are hopefully moving next month! If I get this job we are moving back to the neighborhood where I grew up. We wont be in the country anymore (ugh suburbs) but with both of our jobs and my school, the location is much more convenient. Josh works in Baltimore and it takes him over an hour to get to work. When we move, it will only take him about 25-30. It will also cut my commute to school by 30 minutes. It will also be nice to just have our own place. We've lived together for most of our relationship (another story for another time) but we've always had roommates. Don't get me wrong, we've loved each of them, but its time for our own place. We're getting a 2 bedroom town home with a fenced in backyard and a shed, finished basement with 2 full baths. My Dad's friend is looking to rent it out so I really hope I get this job!
So that is what has been going on lately! I am so excited about things to come and definitely excited that it is getting really close to the Holiday season!
Happy Wednesday!



Have fun in Chicago!!!!
ReplyDeleteSounds like things are going really well! Fingers crossed for you about the jobs!
ReplyDeleteAnd that photo of you two is gorgeous! :)