Last summer, my friend Heather came up for her summer break from SCAD. Her and I were looking for something cheap and fun to do one day and I thought of Strasburg. It is about an hour drive from my house and I remembered going there with my grandmother and sister when I was little. The railroad is located in Lancaster, PA and the scenery on the ride was beautiful, even for an overcast day.
You should also know that I have a thing for Amish people, I always have. However, I had some Amish customers on my route when I worked for Schwans in Chester County, PA and my love for them grew tremendously. They are great people and always had me cracking up when I stopped by!
You should also know that I have a thing for Amish people, I always have. However, I had some Amish customers on my route when I worked for Schwans in Chester County, PA and my love for them grew tremendously. They are great people and always had me cracking up when I stopped by!
*Most of these pictures were taken by Heather. She is a fantastic photographer!*
You could choose to ride on a few different parts of the train including, coach, dining, first class ect. We chose to ride in the open air car. We wanted to be able to see the views and take photos.
These are some of the sites from the train ride. I believe the ride was approximately an hour long, but I honestly don't remember. The views were amazing and for those of us in the open air car, they let us go to the very back and stand for great unobstructed views.
After arriving back at the station, we explored all of the little shops they had. There is also a railroad museum right across the street, but we decided to skip that.
Platform 9 3/4???
Oh yeah, this is the Hello Dolly train!
And that was our day at Strasburg Railroad. It was definitely something different and we really enjoyed ourselves. I do recommend a visit for anyone who is ever in the Lancaster area. It is fun and cheap and definitely something relaxing to add to a vacation.
Strasburg Railroad
301 Gap Road
Ronks, PA 17572
Open Air Car: $16 per adult

























Stunning photos! There are few things in this life that I enjoy more than a scenic train ride. There's something so romantic about them :) xxx
ReplyDeleteLook how cute!! I've never been to a train station or ridden on a train (besides the train rides at amusement parks) and it's totally on my bucket list! What a FUN day!
ReplyDeleteIt looks and sounds like a wonderful adventure! I love train rides, especially in such beautiful scenery. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteI love Amish country and add a train ride to that makes it about perfect! Gorgeous photos!!
ReplyDeleteI want to go to Amish country someday...Such pretty pictures.
ReplyDelete