Last week, I started a short series on working in a restaurant and how not to be a jerk if you go into one. Last week I shared stories and advice as far as hosting goes. This week, I am going to talk about serving.
*again, if curse words offend you, don't read this post.
Simple. If you are nice to me, I am nice to you and you will be well cared for.
This is the truth. If you are rude and we are being nice to you, it is an act. We are most likely telling everyone what an assclown you are, while waiting for food in the kitchen. If you are being nice, then we probably like you and give you a few extra french fries.
This is the worst! If something is wrong with your food, tell your server! It is more than likely not your servers fault, so going to management looks bad and makes it look like we weren't checking on you. The kitchen makes a lot of food, it is easy to screw up, so just tell your server, they will apologize and fix it for you. Don't be that douche that lies to your server and complains to management. Nobody will want to serve you if you come back again. And yes, we will remember you.
My advice? Just don't order well done. Servers and the kitchen all hate when people order well done ... it is never going to be right. Also, you are insane if you think a well done steak is going to be anything but dry; use common sense. If you want a well done burger or steak, stay home and make it yourself.
Truth. Just don't be one of them.
I can not stress this enough!!! If you can not afford to tip, you can not afford to go out to eat! We have to tip out at most restaurants and if you don't tip at least 15%, be sure to thank your server for paying to serve you because their entire tip just went to tip out. Just freaking tip 20% unless the service was really that bad.
Some servers tolerate this because they want their tip. I am not one of them. If you take more than a few bites out of it, your cheap ass is not getting your money back. It does not take half of the meal to decide you don't like something. You will not be comped and if you are you damn well better tip over 20%.
In short, you are not the restaurants top priority. There are other people in the restaurant and singing happy birthday is way on the bottom of my list. If we are slammed and running around like crazy people, my coworkers are not going to want to stop what they are doing to sing a happy birthday song to someone they don't know. Take your free dessert that I am not going to get tipped for and STFU.
No they F*****G DIDN'T!! Don't argue with me because you will not win! I have coworkers who have been there since the damn place opened! So just accept it when I tell you that you can't do something. If you don't like it, go home and make it your damn self! This is the worst! I want to hit everyone who says this!!
I don't know about you, but my Mommy taught me not to interrupt. This still applies when you are an adult. If I am taking orders at another table, wait five freakin seconds for me to finish then ask your stupid question. One of my coworkers actually had a customer follow her to another table while she was running food and poke her on the shoulder while she was talking to that table. SERIOUSLY!? She was just at the table right before going into the kitchen and the fat bitch couldn't wait five seconds.
I think that is enough ranting for the day.










Girrrrl, I don't know how waiters do it. My dad is a waiter at a fancy hotel where celebs stop by and the stories he tells...if you're a music mogul, you can afford to tip 20% and not stiff the servers every.freaking.time. Because if the service was bad, you wouldn't have returned.
ReplyDeleteOkay that's my rant. :)
My husband and I had such fun reading this post!! He's a personal trainer but works at Olive Garden on the weekends and he comes home, he is beyond exhausted. People have no sense in restaurants... they take advantage of the fact that they are "being served" and become absolute idiots. Hilarious post!!
ReplyDeleteElise @ Everyday Elise
These photos are hilarious!
ReplyDelete