While in Rome, we took a trip to the Vatican City.
To be honest, this was my least favorite part of the trip. I am not Catholic and I don't care much for art, it's just not my thing. I will say that I did love the Sistine Chapel, what an amazing thing to see! I was a little blown away by the lack of respect from the tourists!! The rules were no photography and no talking, it was loud as crap and people were taking FLASH photography!!! RUDE!!! I was glad to be able to experience it, but I don't think I'll ever go back.
The line was super long, it wrapped around the whole city.
Unfortunately my inside pictures were mostly blurry because flash photography was not allowed, but we were allowed to take pictures without the flash.
And that was our time at the Vatican. It was definitely an artists dream! I don't think there was a square inch of that place that wasn't painted or beautifully decorated. Like I said, I am glad I got to go, but I definitely wont be rushing back.
The line was super long, it wrapped around the whole city.
Unfortunately my inside pictures were mostly blurry because flash photography was not allowed, but we were allowed to take pictures without the flash.
And that was our time at the Vatican. It was definitely an artists dream! I don't think there was a square inch of that place that wasn't painted or beautifully decorated. Like I said, I am glad I got to go, but I definitely wont be rushing back.














I wasn't so much a fan of Vatican City either, and I grew up Catholic!! Way too crowded for me! The line to see the sistine chapel was over 3 hours long... So I didn't even get to see that!
ReplyDeleteagreed- the vatican is good to see, but not somewhere i was itching to return. love rome though!
ReplyDeletelooks like we're kindred travel lovers..can't wait to follow your blog! XO
the well-traveled wife
Funny enough, the Vatican has never been high on my bucket list either... but should the opportunity present itself, it is something that I would like to see. Although that line is insane. But, your pics are gorgeous :) xxx
ReplyDeleteoh I loved seeing the Vatican! And you snapped a picture of my all-time favorite painting!
ReplyDeleteWhat beautiful photos ... mmmm does that statue have a scrotum? lol
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about the crowds and rude people, but glad you at least enjoyed the Sistine Chapel. My cousin's wife loves Rome and the Vatican but she's a Catholic who majored in art:) I wonder if there are times to visit that aren't so crowded?
ReplyDeleteWow, the Vatican DOES look beautiful but what you are saying reminds me of what people say about Notre Dame in Paris too... it's so commercialised that it can be ruined a little with all the tourists and rules!
ReplyDeleteKate | Diaries of an Essex Girl
I have to say that I'm with you. We didn't even go while in Rome. Great photos though!! :)
ReplyDelete