Thursday, September 26, 2013

Book Chat: Banned Books

It's no secret that I love to read, banned books included!  Some of my favorite banned books are: 

1. The Harry Potter Series 


2. Perks of Being a Wall Flower


3. The Kite Runner


4. Brave New World


5. My Sister's Keeper



These are just books that have been banned or challenged in the last 10 years!  There are definitely tons of other banned books that I love!

11 comments:

  1. My Sister's Keeper was such a heart breaker!! I need to add Perks of Being a Wallflower to my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! I cried like a baby. I refuse to see the movie because I hear they changed the ending! Perks of Being a Wallflower is great. It took me a bit to get into it, but once I did I couldn't put it down!

      Delete
  2. What is it with banning books? It seems like those that are the most thought provoking or those that bring light to a dark side of society are the first to be banned. I don't understand why controversy should ban a book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My thoughts exactly! Kite Runner was one of the best books I have ever read! And come on, do we really need to ban HP!?! That is insane!! To me, banning books is all about control.

      Delete
  3. My Sister's Keeper will forever be one of my favorite books! Have you ever read "The Giver"? It was challenged in the 90s and was the first book that made me fall in love with reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved all the Harry Potter's and The Kite Runner is just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have no idea how this world is still banning books but allowing the news media to continue spitting drivel... Plus these are great books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe these were on the banned book list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice selection! Perks of Being a Wallflower is awesome. The Kite Runner is one of those books I've wanted to read since ages but never get around to... I should get on that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was shocked last week when I read on someone's blog that The Kite Runner was banned...but My Sister's Keeper?!?! WHY!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I loved hearing from you!