Today, Helene is hosting a link-up called "Songs that Define Me". I am going to take a slightly different approach to this because I really could be here all day. So, I am going to post song that bring back memories of certain times or events in my life. There are so many songs that bring back such good memories for me and I am so excited to share them and their meanings.
Beautiful Day by U2
This was our "morning song" when I was in Europe. Our DM played it every single morning for the entire month that we were there. Every time I hear it, I text my friend Brittney right away and she does the same. That some brings back some fantastic memories and will always be one of my favorites.
Beautiful Day by U2
This was our "morning song" when I was in Europe. Our DM played it every single morning for the entire month that we were there. Every time I hear it, I text my friend Brittney right away and she does the same. That some brings back some fantastic memories and will always be one of my favorites.
God of Wonders
I used to attend church at New Covenant Presbyterian Church. Recently I have been really struggling with the idea of religion but when I was younger I was active in my churches middle school and high school youth groups. During middle school we went to this week long camp with other local Presbyterian Churches. Camp was located at Harvey Cedars Bible Camp on LBI in NJ, so right on the beach. They called it Victory Jam, and if I could go back to any time in my life, it would be to victory jam! Those were some of the most fun weeks of my life. This song was always my favorite to sing at victory jam. Every time I hear it, I go back there.
I used to attend church at New Covenant Presbyterian Church. Recently I have been really struggling with the idea of religion but when I was younger I was active in my churches middle school and high school youth groups. During middle school we went to this week long camp with other local Presbyterian Churches. Camp was located at Harvey Cedars Bible Camp on LBI in NJ, so right on the beach. They called it Victory Jam, and if I could go back to any time in my life, it would be to victory jam! Those were some of the most fun weeks of my life. This song was always my favorite to sing at victory jam. Every time I hear it, I go back there.
These were two silly songs that we taught our campers at Camp Campbell in California. They pop into my head occasionally and it always makes me laugh!
Footloose by Kenny Loggins
This is song is mine, my Mom and my Sisters jam. If this song comes on, I don't care where we are, we start dancing. We even did it at work once (yes, we all work together). It started a few years ago with a random dance party in the living room when we all lived in the same house.
Beautiful Soul by Jesse McCartney
I was obsessed with Jesse McCartney the Summer I went to Colorado. I played a few of his songs on repeat along with Carrie Underwood's "Inside Your Heaven". I always go back to the beautiful mountains of Colorado when I hear these songs.
Wannabe by The Spice Girls
Alex and I were a little more than obsessed with the Spice Girls when we were in Elementary school. This was our favorite song and we would always make up dances and perform them for our parents who probably wanted to run and hide every time the words Spice Girls came out of our mouths. Haters ;)
And a few others that make me happy when I hear them:
Danger Zone by Kenny Loggins
I heard this one the first time I watched Top Gun and have loved it ever since.
Sweet Child O' Mine by Guns N' Roses
This has just always been a favorite of mine for as long as I can remember. My Dad is a big rock fan so I heard this song all the time growing up.
Little Red Rodeo by Colin Raye
This is the first song I remember loving. I was about 5ish when I first heard it and I always told my Mom to turn it up.
This is song is mine, my Mom and my Sisters jam. If this song comes on, I don't care where we are, we start dancing. We even did it at work once (yes, we all work together). It started a few years ago with a random dance party in the living room when we all lived in the same house.
Beautiful Soul by Jesse McCartney
I was obsessed with Jesse McCartney the Summer I went to Colorado. I played a few of his songs on repeat along with Carrie Underwood's "Inside Your Heaven". I always go back to the beautiful mountains of Colorado when I hear these songs.
Wannabe by The Spice Girls
Alex and I were a little more than obsessed with the Spice Girls when we were in Elementary school. This was our favorite song and we would always make up dances and perform them for our parents who probably wanted to run and hide every time the words Spice Girls came out of our mouths. Haters ;)
And a few others that make me happy when I hear them:
Danger Zone by Kenny Loggins
I heard this one the first time I watched Top Gun and have loved it ever since.
Sweet Child O' Mine by Guns N' Roses
This has just always been a favorite of mine for as long as I can remember. My Dad is a big rock fan so I heard this song all the time growing up.
Little Red Rodeo by Colin Raye
This is the first song I remember loving. I was about 5ish when I first heard it and I always told my Mom to turn it up.


.jpg)

Me and my friends definitely made up dances to Spice Girls songs as well. Good times!
ReplyDeletespice girls is just so defining for out generation! Great picks!
ReplyDelete