1. Wedding Planning/Saving
This has been going surprisingly well. We have managed to save enough to pay most of our vendors and more than half of our venue, which is really good considering we didn't have much saved last month. Also, we have started looking into registering at Kohl's and Bed, Bath and Beyond ... sadly, it is stressing me out, I don't know what we want or need. We have finalized the guest list and have most of the addresses we need which means I will be ordering the Save the Dates soon and hopefully sending them out before Thanksgiving :)
This has been going surprisingly well. We have managed to save enough to pay most of our vendors and more than half of our venue, which is really good considering we didn't have much saved last month. Also, we have started looking into registering at Kohl's and Bed, Bath and Beyond ... sadly, it is stressing me out, I don't know what we want or need. We have finalized the guest list and have most of the addresses we need which means I will be ordering the Save the Dates soon and hopefully sending them out before Thanksgiving :)
2. Working/Attempting to Work
My place of employment has decided that we don't need money so it is OK to just not give anyone any hours. So I have two days this week and have been unsuccessful at picking up shift because no one wants to give up what little shifts they are getting. It is getting very frustrating. That and Josh's work has slowed down a lot, too and he is only getting 48 hours as opposed to 60.
My place of employment has decided that we don't need money so it is OK to just not give anyone any hours. So I have two days this week and have been unsuccessful at picking up shift because no one wants to give up what little shifts they are getting. It is getting very frustrating. That and Josh's work has slowed down a lot, too and he is only getting 48 hours as opposed to 60.
3. School
School is going really well! I love every single one of my classes. All of my classes except for one are in the same classroom. I also have 5 classes but only 3 teachers, which is great because I only need to get to know the test and grading styles of 3 teachers rather than 5! I think my favorites right now are my CJ class because the teacher is nuts and I love it and also my Criminology class because we have had some great debates and discussions and the teacher is great.
School is going really well! I love every single one of my classes. All of my classes except for one are in the same classroom. I also have 5 classes but only 3 teachers, which is great because I only need to get to know the test and grading styles of 3 teachers rather than 5! I think my favorites right now are my CJ class because the teacher is nuts and I love it and also my Criminology class because we have had some great debates and discussions and the teacher is great.
4. Watching Too Much T.V. and Reading
In attempt to save for our wedding and honeymoon, I have been staying in a lot more. This is frustrating for me but I have discovered a few new TV shows to try to keep myself entertained. Season 7 of Army Wives is on Netflicks, so I watched that and I am slowly getting through OTH. Also, Bones season 9 premiered last Monday so I was all over that! And this week the final season of HIMYM is on.
I have also been slowly reading Inferno by Dan Brown. I love Dan Brown, not because he is a good writer (because he is not) but because his stories are always smart and entertaining. He is a very good storyteller.
5. Blogging
Also because I am bored, I have been writing a lot more blog posts. I have like 15 finished in my drafts! I am really trying to get ahead in on my Travel Tuesday posts and so far it is going well. I have the rest of my Italy posts done and am working on my France posts :) I am also updating all of my pages on my menu bar at the top of the blog. I have already updated a brand new and much shorter "About Me" page. I am also working on my travel page because the uneven-ness of the photos is really bothering me.
Goals:
My recent goals have been:
1. Get back into working out:
This one has been going fabulously!! Though I haven't really been to the gym, I did discover that my college has FREE Zumba on Tuesdays and Thursdays and the teacher is much better than the one I've been going to AND on Mondays and Wednesdays there are Pilates and Yoga classes! Unfortunately, these are at the exact same time so I will go to one on Monday and one on Wednesday. My sister is also able to come with me to Pilates and Yoga.
This one has been going fabulously!! Though I haven't really been to the gym, I did discover that my college has FREE Zumba on Tuesdays and Thursdays and the teacher is much better than the one I've been going to AND on Mondays and Wednesdays there are Pilates and Yoga classes! Unfortunately, these are at the exact same time so I will go to one on Monday and one on Wednesday. My sister is also able to come with me to Pilates and Yoga.
2. Finish school with all A's:
Considering that I have only had one quiz in one class, I am not really sure how this one is going. I have done all of my reading and studying and I have printed all of my notes from blackboard, so hopefully that means that I will do well.
3. Save for the wedding:
See #1.
See #1.
4. Find a Charity or Organization to Donate to:
I want to find a cause that I really love and donate $10 per paycheck. I would love to do more, but unless I want to go without eating, this will have to do, for now. Right now I am looking into local Zoo's (Baltimore and DC) and also National Geographics Animal Conservation. I am also thinking of maybe finding a few and donating to a different charity each week. I want to donate for the following causes: Diabetes Research (JDRF), Autism Research, Wildlife Conservation, Fighting Human Trafficking, and Education. If you know any worthy charities fitting into any of these categories, please let me know :)
And that is what has been going on in my life for the last month.





I LOVE the guest book! It's so pretty =)
ReplyDeleteI love the idea of donating $10 to a charity every paycheck! I know some people that do that for Christmas instead of giving gifts. They each choose a charity and the money that people would normally spend of gifts for them, they give to that charity instead!
ReplyDeleteFor our wedding, since we already lived together, we just kindly asked for money instead of gifts. haha. I think it said something along the lines of in lieu of gifts we would greatly appreciate a donation to our honeymoon fund. That way we were able to buy what we wanted and didn't get a lot of junk. I think we ended up with close to $2000. It was so nice to have a little extra spending money and to be able to go to the store a pick out the couple of little items that we needed.
ReplyDeleteCute guest book idea! And don't get too stressed about registering, we tried to make a list of things we wanted to register for before we went, and then the people at the store are usually pretty good about helping you pick things out as far as brands and prices.
ReplyDeleteAh, registering stressed me out, but also felt like Christmas :) I chose only to register at Macy's, and I chose basic things like dishes, new mixing bowls, silverware, glasses, etc .... I went with all white and stainless steel, I figured it was pretty timeless and I'd like everything 10 years from now ... hopefully ;) Good luck!
ReplyDeleteYour guest book is absolutely adorable! I remember how stressful wedding planning can be. I'm not sure if you use any of the wedding planning websites but they can offer help as to deciding what to register for. I remember The Knot had a pretty good checklist that we modified based on things we already had. Good luck! :)
ReplyDelete