Monday, September 30, 2013

Fall Things

Due to my work and school schedule there are quite a few fall things that I have to miss out on.  However, I have managed to figure out ways to do a few of my favorites:

Pumpkin Picking at Applewood Farm
My sister and I are doing this again this year.  I don't get trick-or-treaters, one because I live in the middle of nowhere and two because my house is entirely fenced in with two big scary dogs living in the fence. So, I am going to buy a pumpkin which my sister is going to carve because she rocks at it and I am going to keep it at my moms house.  I will be handing out candy there anyway.   We will be doing this on a random day in October probably on a Monday.  I can't wait to do this and ride the little train, see the animals, and drink the apple cider!  :) 

A few photos from our last trip:




my sister carved this!

2. The Darlington Apple Festival
This is one of my absolute favorite traditions!!  I have gone every year for the past 5 years and I don't plan on stopping anytime soon.  This like a craft fair mixed with awesome food and fall stuff.  I get some of my favorite candles from this festival and some freaking amazing Amish apple butter!   This is a one day only from 10am-5pm event, so I am going into work early so that I can leave early and make it there for a few hours before I have to go back to work for my second shift. 




3.  The Irish Festival
This event takes place over a weekend in November.  Amy and I looked at the schedule and both decided to take off work on that Saturday so that we could go and since it is so close to her birthday, that is going to be my present to her.   I haven't been to the Irish festival in so long!!  My grandmother used to take us but it has been years.  I have been wanting to go back but I keep mixing the dates up.  This year, I am making darn sure that I get there! :)

4.  Some sort of Haunted Hayride
I am working with my friends to figure out a great night to do some sort of haunted hayride or something of the sort.  I usually get off work at a reasonable time on Friday nights, so I am hoping we can all work something out.    I really love haunted hayrides and we have a few around here including Legends of the Fog and Jason's Woods!

So, even though I had to miss Sunday in the Country (yesterday) and I am probably going to miss the Renaissance Festival there is still more fall stuff that I am going to be able to do!   I am a little more excited now and a little less whiny!  Oh and of course I have this lovely couples wedding to look forward to at the end of October!

1 comment:

  1. The apple festival sounds like a great mix of food and crafts, how fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I loved hearing from you!