Thursday, June 20, 2013

DayZero Update and Changes

I can't remember the last time I did an update on my DayZero list.   I'll start where I think I left off.

10.  Eat No Fast Food for Three Consecutive Months:  This one was really hard for me simply because I would often just pop over to the McDonald's by my school for lunch if I was short on time or if I woke up late and didn't have time to pack a lunch.  It is a pain for me to have to make the 30 minute drive home and another 30 minutes back just to get some lunch.  Wawa ended up being my life saver during this time.  I am glad that I got away from that crap for a while though, I wish I could say I stayed away, but unfortunately that is not the case.

21. Cut Down My Own Christmas Tree:  I can not believe I never wrote about this.  Josh and I picked and cut our own tree basically in our own backyard.  My next door neighbor is a farmer and they grow Christmas trees on the part of the property that is directly behind our house.  So, we walked over, cut our tree and walked back.  They were nice enough to let us take a cart to roll the tree back to the house on since they knew we'd bring it right back.






Our house is literally right next door (white fence)


40.  Give Up Alcohol for a Month:  This one ended up being easier then I thought.  I really don't drink much anymore so it really wasn't too big of a deal and I didn't have anything going on during that month that would warrant drinking.  The only thing I almost slipped on was getting a drink with dinner when we go out.  I like trying new drinks so I had to remind myself not to get anything during that month.

66. Take One Fitness Related Class:  Well, I guess I kind of cheated on this one.  I had to take one more gym class for my degree so I chose .... ONLINE weight training.  Yes, it was the biggest joke ever but it counts.   Also, I do take Zumba classes, so I guess those count, too.


Nothing too exciting, but I have crossed off 36/101 things.  I have until June 30th of Next Year to complete this list.  Some things, such as getting married, will definitely be crossed off, others I will definitely have to work at.

Also, I have been reconstructing this blog.  While I can't bring myself to pay for a customized layout at the moment, I am trying to improve the look of this blog.   I have changed the "About Me" section and I have made the "Travel" page more user friendly and prettier.   I also added a bucket list tab and have been slowly working on making that look better as well.

Any feedback offered is definitely helpful.  And if anyone can recommend a designer that is good but not pricey, that would definitely be helpful as I would love a nicer layout but don't have hundreds to spend on it! 

2 comments:

  1. you're making progress on your list! i've never had a real christmas tree, let alone one that i cut down myself!! would love to have one, i hear they smell amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you are doing great. The alcohol and fast good would definitely be hard for me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I loved hearing from you!