For the last few weeks I have been playing with the idea of helping my friend Heather move to Chicago for a graphic design internship. The only thing that was left was to figure out dates and make sure that school wasn't starting back up before she needed to move.
Well, she officially gave me the dates and we will be road-tripping from MD to Chicago (my second time) at the end of August! I am really hoping it works out! We have several plans in the works but any suggestions are welcome! It has been almost 10 years since I was last in Chicago so I don't really remember much.
Some of our ideas include:
Falling Water: Frank Lloyd Wrights House. This is a tad out of the way but it really only makes a 30 minute difference in the total trip time, so it is worth it. I love nature and Heather loves art so this is the perfect spot for us to check out!
Cedar Point: This amusement park has been on my list for a long time! It is located in Sandusky, Ohio
The Christmas Story House: I mean come on, this would be awesome. Its only like 10 minutes out of the way! We can't pass it up! It is right outside of Cleveland, Ohio.
We are also making plans to go up into Michigan because neither of us has ever been, plus our friend Krystal lives in Detroit so we have a reason to go! Also, we want to drive up into Wisconsin, again just because we have never been. We really don't know what our plans are for Chicago or Wisconsin but we have time :) Any suggestions are more than welcome!
Other Random Life Things:
Wedding Planning is really coming along and I can't wait for the upcoming Wedding Wednesday post's!
Josh and I are doing our Honeymoon in November rather than right after the wedding in May for various reasons. However, we want to do a long weekend short trip right after the wedding to chill out after the wedding and before going back to work/school. We are thinking either Charleston, SC or Nashville, TN but we are leaning more towards Charleston because of the beaches. Any other suggestions??
Today, I am spending the whole day by the pool with some of my favorite work girls! Yeah, I get a day off of work and I spend it with work people.
Monday starts my summer class!! I could not be more excited for this class! Also, for the break from working 6 days per week ... ugh.
Well, she officially gave me the dates and we will be road-tripping from MD to Chicago (my second time) at the end of August! I am really hoping it works out! We have several plans in the works but any suggestions are welcome! It has been almost 10 years since I was last in Chicago so I don't really remember much.
Some of our ideas include:
Falling Water: Frank Lloyd Wrights House. This is a tad out of the way but it really only makes a 30 minute difference in the total trip time, so it is worth it. I love nature and Heather loves art so this is the perfect spot for us to check out!
Cedar Point: This amusement park has been on my list for a long time! It is located in Sandusky, Ohio
The Christmas Story House: I mean come on, this would be awesome. Its only like 10 minutes out of the way! We can't pass it up! It is right outside of Cleveland, Ohio.
We are also making plans to go up into Michigan because neither of us has ever been, plus our friend Krystal lives in Detroit so we have a reason to go! Also, we want to drive up into Wisconsin, again just because we have never been. We really don't know what our plans are for Chicago or Wisconsin but we have time :) Any suggestions are more than welcome!
Other Random Life Things:
Wedding Planning is really coming along and I can't wait for the upcoming Wedding Wednesday post's!
Josh and I are doing our Honeymoon in November rather than right after the wedding in May for various reasons. However, we want to do a long weekend short trip right after the wedding to chill out after the wedding and before going back to work/school. We are thinking either Charleston, SC or Nashville, TN but we are leaning more towards Charleston because of the beaches. Any other suggestions??
Today, I am spending the whole day by the pool with some of my favorite work girls! Yeah, I get a day off of work and I spend it with work people.
Monday starts my summer class!! I could not be more excited for this class! Also, for the break from working 6 days per week ... ugh.





I have no suggestions for you I have never been to any of those places! haha They sound like fun though. When Chris and I got married we went on a long weekend to the lake and then planned on a big vacation in the fall. Well that never happened. So make sure you actually get on the real honeymoon! haha
ReplyDelete