Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Christmas in NYC



In 2008, my friend Kristin and I took a bus trip up to NYC to see NYC at Christmastime.  Her Mom, Aunt and Cousin went too and we stayed with them for a bit but mostly headed out on our own.  The bus ride to NYC from HarCO is about 3 hours.  We were lucky and didn't hit much traffic (we left super early) and made it in almost exactly 3 hours.

We started off by Radio City Music hall before heading towards Rockefeller Center to see the Christmas Tree.   I had heard it was huge but my God, that thing is ridiculous!  I am definitely glad we came to see it!  Our next stop was time square where we ran into the Naked Cowboy.  We also checked out some awesome stores including Toy's R Us, which was obviously the best thing ever.  The last place on our list was Central Park which we had a great time exploring.  We totally wanted to do a horse and carriage ride but the price was just a little too high for us at the time!  We ended our time in NYC by seeing the tree at night.














Us with the Naked Cowboy ... Duh



 













Random pic from Lunch.  Yes we ate at McD's ... we were broke haha



5 comments:

  1. Visiting from the link up today :)

    This post was too cool, because I was in NYC just before Xmas this year, and I swear I have some of the EXACT same photos- in Central park, in front of the giant tree, and in front of those red balls! I didn`t go back to the tree at night though- it looks really pretty all lit up!

    My Travel Tuesday Post
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. nyc at christmas sounds pretty perfect to me!! i have never been! it's on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christmastime in NY is the BEST!! Love all your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures! I'm intimidated by NYC but I bet it can be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christmastime in NYC is the BEST. I love all the fun decorations on the streets! Looks like you had a fun-filled day. Have you ever seen Wicked on stage?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I loved hearing from you!