Friday, April 26, 2013

Book Club Friday: Something Blue

Something Blue 
By: Emily Giffin
Pages: 304 on Nook
Read: 8/31/12


"Darcy Rhone has always been able to rely on a few things: Her beauty and charm.  Her fiance, Dex. Her lifelong best friend, Rachel.  She never needed anything else. Or so she thinks until Dex calls off their dream wedding and she uncovers the ultimate betrayal. Blaming everyone but herself, Darcy flees to London and attempts to re-create her glamorous life on a new continent. But to her dismay, she discovers that her tried-and-true tricks no longer apply--and that her luck has finally expired. It is only then that she can begin her journey toward redemption, forgiveness, and true love."

I enjoyed this book a lot more than I enjoyed the first book in this series.  I liked this book because I felt like Darcy grew as a person and I began to like her character. I enjoyed following Darcy on her journey to recover from a heartbreak and to discover that there is more to this world than being beautiful and being the best.  I also love Ethan's character, I think he was well developed and is one of the only characters that I liked throughout both books.  I would recommend this book for an easy read. 

I gave this book a 4/5 on Goodreads

4 comments:

  1. I've loved all of Emily Giffin's books! The movie is great too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember really loving this book. Although it has been a few years since I've read it, so I don't remember it that well. But I'd love to read it again. And honestly, I don't think you could go wrong with an Emily Giffin book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i also really enjoyed this book, and it was much better than the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just finished this book last week and I liked it more than I thought I would. It was a little rough at first, but I ended up enjoying it a lot in the end :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I loved hearing from you!