I am still not finished with Life of Pi, which is one of those that is really hard for me to get into. So, today I am going to talk about the book that is possibly my favorite book ever.
ROOM
By: Emma Donoghue
Pages: 361
Read: 2/11/12
ROOM
By: Emma Donoghue
Pages: 361
Read: 2/11/12
"To five-year-old Jack,
Room is the entire world. It is where he was born and grew up; it's
where he lives with his Ma as they learn and read and eat and sleep and
play. At night, his Ma shuts him safely in the wardrobe, where he is
meant to be asleep when Old Nick visits.
Room is home to Jack, but to Ma, it is the prison where Old Nick has held her captive for seven years. Through determination, ingenuity, and fierce motherly love, Ma has created a life for Jack. But she knows it's not enough...not for her or for him. She devises a bold escape plan, one that relies on her young son's bravery and a lot of luck. What she does not realize is just how unprepared she is for the plan to actually work.
Told entirely in the language of the energetic, pragmatic five-year-old Jack, ROOM is a celebration of resilience and the limitless bond between parent and child, a brilliantly executed novel about what it means to journey from one world to another."
Room is home to Jack, but to Ma, it is the prison where Old Nick has held her captive for seven years. Through determination, ingenuity, and fierce motherly love, Ma has created a life for Jack. But she knows it's not enough...not for her or for him. She devises a bold escape plan, one that relies on her young son's bravery and a lot of luck. What she does not realize is just how unprepared she is for the plan to actually work.
Told entirely in the language of the energetic, pragmatic five-year-old Jack, ROOM is a celebration of resilience and the limitless bond between parent and child, a brilliantly executed novel about what it means to journey from one world to another."
As I have mentioned, this may very well be my favorite book of all time (well, except Harry Potter). This book was truly unique and nothing like any other book I have ever read. I also love psychology and social sciences, so this book was one I could not put down. It was so interesting to view the world as Jack does and to feel his mothers emotion through him. I also love that she never tells you "Ma's" real name even though Jack hears it. It was also interesting to see Jacks view on the outside world and how he reacted to the major change in his life that was such a relief to his mother. I also loved learning a little bit more about psychology. Kidnappings are one of the main reasons I am studying Forensic Science. I want to help find those who have been taken from their families.
This Book got a 5/5 from me! If I could give it a 10/5 I would!!
Also Linking up Here
This Book got a 5/5 from me! If I could give it a 10/5 I would!!
Also Linking up Here



This looks amazing! I'm definitely adding to to my reading list!
ReplyDeleteHuh. I love to read and I've never even heard of this book! Definitely going to check it out.
ReplyDeleteAlso. Found you through the blog hop. (: Newest follower here!
This book has been on my TBR list forevah! I finally have it the e-book and I still haven't read it yet. I'm glad you liked it, now if I could get to it :)
ReplyDeleteI definitely loved that book!
ReplyDeletethis book was something disturbing,amazing and intense!
ReplyDeletehappy friday!
Thanks for sharing about this book. It sounds super interesting and now I really want to read it! :-)
ReplyDeleteI've been wanting to read this book for a while now! Obviously I haven't yet, but I'm hoping I can finally get to it soon
ReplyDelete