
...totally didn't know that this was a link-up! But I will def. be linking up every Tuesday now!!! :) I love link-ups!!! :)
Colorado
In July of 2005 my family took a trip out to Colorado for my Uncle Steve's Wedding.
July
6, 2005: It was everyone's first plane ride except for my Mom's (my Dad
had his first plane ride on this trip at 43). My Oma and her boyfriend
Howard also rode with us, so Oma rented a limo for all of us to go to
the airport where we met up with My Aunt Sandy and her family. Our
first plane ride went pretty well, but we thought my Dad and Uncle Frank
were gonna miss the plane because they went to smoke. They cut it
really close. Once we got on the plane me and Amy watched the movie Ice
Princess and I worked on summer work for my AP classes.
Once we landed in Denver the adults picked up their rental cars and we headed towards Estes Park, but not before stopping for food. The little ones had to get a picture with Ronald (the is purely for cuteness).
After some much needed food we continued on to Estes Park. We arrived in Estes park around 4pm, we got some bad directions from some locals so it took a little longer than anticipated. We stayed at a resort called Valhalla Resort. My Oma and Howard stayed a few cabins up from us and my family got a cabin that joined with my Aunt Sandy's and when my Grandpop got there he stayed with my Aunt Sandy. We got there, unpacked, cooked dinner and had a visited from my Uncle Steve. I knocked out around 9 that night.
![]() |
| Top one is my Oma's - I took it from the bottom of our driveway |
July 7, 2005: First thing in the AM I tried to go running, that lasted about 5 mins because of the altitude difference. After that we headed to the pool to chill. Which was pretty much uneventful.




After the pool we went into the little town of Estes Park. It was really cute. We went into some shops and I bought a leather case for my cell phone. After shopping around for a bit we went to eat at a restaurant called "Locals".
After we ate we headed up to my Uncles house in Ward, CO outside of Boulder.
![]() |
| Uncle Steve's House (at the time) |
![]() |
| View from the Porch |
When
we got there we hung out for a bit then Uncle Steve took some of us on a
hike to a rock formation where he proposed to my Aunt Kate, the view
was unbelievable. When we got back we met Aunt Katie's family and I
took a walk with my cousin Cassidy. After that we headed back to the
cabin for some sleep.


That is all for today. Next Tuesday I will talk about Rocky Mountain National Park and My Uncles Wedding.


















this is gorgeous!! and i love staying in a cabin, something so fun about that! what gorgeous views!
ReplyDeletethanks so much for linking up!! can't wait to see what;s in store next week!!
Gorgeous views! I LOOOOVED Estes Park and RMNP. And Boulder was so much fun to visit too!
ReplyDeleteDid you visit the Celestial Seasonings Tea Factory?
I love Colorado it is so beautiful!
ReplyDeleteLooks like such a fun family trip! I lived CO when I vacationed there!
ReplyDeleteI really want to make it to Colorado sometime... looks great!
ReplyDeleteIt is definitely one of the most naturally beautiful places I have been!
Delete