Garden Spells
By: Sarah Addison Allen
Pages: 320
Read: 2/24/12
Read: 2/24/12
"Welcome to Bascom,North Carolina, where it seems that everyone has a story to tell about the Waverley women. The house that's been in the family for generations, the walled garden that mysteriously blooms year round, the rumors of dangerous loves and tragic passions. Every Waverley woman is somehow touched by magic. Claire has always clung to the Waverleys' roots, tending the enchanted soil in the family garden from which she makes her sought-after delicacies -- famed and feared for their curious effects. She has everything she thinks she needs -- until one day she waked to find a stranger has moved in next door and a vine of ivy has crept into her garden ...Claire's carefully tended life is about to run gloriously out of control."
{google}
This is one of those books that sat on my bookshelf for probably two years before I actually read it. I picked it up because I liked the cover ... it happens. I attempted to read it twice but couldn't get past the first chapter. Then one day I had NOTHING to read and decided that this damn book was getting finished! I am so glad it did!! What a great book! The plot was realistic with a little fantasy thrown in and it made the story so interesting. I love books that are not like anything I have read before, and this was one of those books! The plot kept me interested through the whole book and the characters were dynamic and interesting.
I gave this book a 5/5 on my {GoodReads}
I gave this book a 5/5 on my {GoodReads}

i really loved this book too,all of Sarad addison allen's work is great. i loved the "peach tree keeper".
ReplyDelete"room" is wacky,nutty,disutbingly good :)
happy friday!