In 2012, the Franklin Institute housed the Dead Sea Scrolls (which will have it's own post). As a lover of all things Anthropology, I refused to miss it! I had never been to the Franklin Institute, so Josh and I made a day of exploring. We arrived a few hours before our time to see the Sea Scrolls, so we checked out the other exhibits.
The Sports Challenge Exhibit
This exhibit is obviously based around sports and physical activity. There is a small climbing wall, a surfing simulation, a figure skating simulation and more. Josh and I spent a good deal of time in here - it was definitely entertaining.
Above is Chase Utley's uniform. The Phillies are Josh's favorite baseball team.
Sir Issac's Loft
This exhibit basically has all things physics. There were a lot of lifting things and the bowling ball of doom which will come within inches of your face. This was the coolest exhibit, in my opinion.
We also had time after seeing the Sea Scrolls, so we visited a few other exhibits such as Electricity, Changing Earth, Space Command, and the Train Factory.
All in all, we enjoyed the Franklin Institute but I don't think we'd ever go back unless their was a traveling exhibit that we want to see. The museum is definitely more geared towards kids. If you have kids, I highly recommend taking them here, they'd definitely enjoy it, especially if they like science.
The Sports Challenge Exhibit
This exhibit is obviously based around sports and physical activity. There is a small climbing wall, a surfing simulation, a figure skating simulation and more. Josh and I spent a good deal of time in here - it was definitely entertaining.
Above is Chase Utley's uniform. The Phillies are Josh's favorite baseball team.
Sir Issac's Loft
This exhibit basically has all things physics. There were a lot of lifting things and the bowling ball of doom which will come within inches of your face. This was the coolest exhibit, in my opinion.
We also had time after seeing the Sea Scrolls, so we visited a few other exhibits such as Electricity, Changing Earth, Space Command, and the Train Factory.
All in all, we enjoyed the Franklin Institute but I don't think we'd ever go back unless their was a traveling exhibit that we want to see. The museum is definitely more geared towards kids. If you have kids, I highly recommend taking them here, they'd definitely enjoy it, especially if they like science.

This looks like a really cool place. I've been to Philly twice, but never made it there. I loved the city, and the Philly Cheesesteaks :)
ReplyDeleteThis looks pretty neat! I love interactive museums. Can't wait to see your post about the Dead Sea Scrolls. :) Thanks for linking up again!
ReplyDeleteLooks like you guys had a really fun time. With having kids we love going to interactive museums where you can be hands on. Looks like a blast! x
ReplyDelete