Thursday, March 27, 2014

Being a Humane Consumer: No Good Products


Right now I am trying a few new haircare products that are Cruelty-Free and I want to be using them for at least two weeks before I review them, so this week instead of sharing Cruelty-Free products, I want to share some products that are definitely tested on animals and that are probably in your home right now!  

I think its just as important to know what products you should stay away from as it is to know what products are OK.   So, today I am going to share only a few of the many products to stay away from if you want to be Cruelty-Free - which is obviously the best way to be ;)


All of the companies listed above still test their products on animals.  Of course, they are not the only ones.  An unbelievable amount of companies do.  A good way to know right off the bat if a company is testing on animals is to find out if the product is SOLD in China.  China requires products sold in the country to be tested on animals.  Also, this is a very helpful list that I take with me when I shop: The Vegetarian Site.  

2 comments:

  1. This is good to know! These brands are all so common and well-known!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So interesting, I had no idea that China required animal testing. I hate it. Currently I'm worked up over the lions at the Copenhagen Zoo, so sad.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I loved hearing from you!