Thursday, March 13, 2014

Being a Humane Consumer: The Laundry Room


I want to start this new series of mine by starting with the easiest products to find.   The laundry room products that are cruelty-free are so easy to find it's not even funny.

For Laundry Detergent I use Seventh Generation.  Not only is it cruelty free, but it's also better for the environment and for you.


I use blue eucalyptus and lavender laundry detergent.  What I love about Seventh Generation is that they are available at major retail stores such as Target and Wal Mart.  And guess what??  They are only a few cents to a dollar more expensive than Tide.  ALSO, they are 2X concentrated which means that you use less per load for the same result.  

Another that I use is Method Home.  I use this for a lot of things including Laundry Detergent.  I switch between Method and Seventh Generation depending on sales etc.  I love both products and both are cruelty free and environmentally friendly.   Method products are in the same price range as brands such as Tide and are also available at Target.   I use Lavender Cedar laundry detergent.


I love the method detergent because the bottles are light and all you have to do is squirt a few (2-6) pumps into the washing machine and you're done.  You hardly have to use any detergent and your clothes will smell great!  Oh, and the bottles are refillable!

My go-to for dryer sheets is Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day.   While I'm not a big fan of their laundry detergents, I love their dryer sheets!  They smell so good and are both cruelty-free and environmentally friendly.  All Mrs. Meyer's products are also found at Target!  I buy these in - you guessed it - Lavender!


 These are the products that I use, but all of these companies also produce fabric softener, stain remover ect.  All of which are cruelty-free with a  bonus of being environmentally friendly!

 All of these products are also available at Target!  Even I have a Target nearby and I live in the sticks, so these products are definitely accessible to just about everyone.

7 comments:

  1. I love all of these products and I use Seventh Generation myself. I've always wondered about Method products but I've never tried them. I may have to give them a shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meyers seriously has the best stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laundry room twins! I basically only use Seventh Generation and Mrs Meyer's in the laundry room ... and kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY!! That's awesome!! Seventh Generation definitely has some great stuff!

      Delete
  4. I haven't used these before, but I have seen 7th generation around the cleaning aisles! I'll have to keep it in mind next time I'm running out of laundry/cleaning supplies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never seen that type of laundry deterrent but I will definitely keep my eyes peeled for it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I loved hearing from you!