Monday, May 13, 2013

May Challenge: Happy Things




Ten things that make you really happy.

I am actually doing tomorrow's prompt today because I like it better and I am doing Travel Tuesday tomorrow so I wont be able to do it then.

I am not going to go with the obvious things on this post.  Obviously my friends, family and Josh make me happy.  I am going to tell you about some random things that make me happy.

1.  Books: If you have been reading my blog for any length of time, you know that I love to read.  Reading is a stress reliever for me and it is also one of my favorite hobbies.  I always enjoying talking about different books with people. 

2. Tattoo's:  I have three and currently have two in the works.  I love tattoos when they are done right.  I also have a thing for men with tattoos.  That's half the appeal of Adam Levine.  I love seeing different people's tattoos and hearing what the tattoos mean to them.  I have an autism ribbon with my brothers name on my hip, hibiscus flowers on my feet and this treble clef on my back:

This is one my sister and  I are going to get together.  Alice in Wonderland is our favorite.

3. Walks: We have a few trails within a few miles of my house and I love just going for a walk.  It clears my head and gives me a reason to get out of the house on days that I have nothing to do.


4. Washington DC:  I love this place.  I have been a ridiculous amount of times but I always find something new to do there.  I love being so close to our nations capitol and I definitely take advantage of that.


5. Back Roads: I take back roads almost every where even if there is an easier way.  Partly because I hate dealing with traffic lights and partially because I love the scenery and I love being one of the only people on that road.  I am able to think and clear my head more so then when I am driving on main roads due to annoying traffic and other things and main roads.


6.  Cupcakes:  I try not to eat a lot of sweets because obviously they are not good for you, but I have a definite weakness for cupcakes!  I love them way more than cake and think they are the perfect size for a sweet snack, though if I could, I would eat a whole box!  We are even having cupcakes instead of cake at our wedding :) 


7. Shopping:  Yes, I am your typical girl who loves shopping.  I am that person that will go into Kohl's for four hours and only come out with a few items.  I am pretty particular about what I buy and wont buy something unless I really like it, but I love browsing.  I  can look around for hours and not get bored.  Put me in Barnes and Noble and I may never leave.  I have literally spent 5 hours there before.

Josh got this pic of me shopping at Body Central

8.  Zumba: Zumba has been such a fun way for me to get my cardio in.  I have had a very bad relationship with the treadmill lately, so I am loving Zumba.  It is a lot of fun and our instructor is very energetic.  He has been adding some harder routines in lately and I love that.

I am in this pic behind the little black woman.  I have on a black tank top.

9.  Good Music/Singers: I feel like in our society today we pick who we listen to based on how they look rather than how they sound.  I like good singers, they make me happy because they are few and far between.

These women have incredible voices.

10. Travel:  This should be the most obvious.  Traveling makes me extremely happy.  I love exploring new places and new cultures.   I love trying to understand the way that others live and embracing it.  I love seeing significant historical landmarks and feeling like a part of this worlds incredible history.

Pantheon in Italy

These are just 10 of the many things that make me happy :)

1 comment:

  1. Who were the singers? Any streaming media is blocked at work! haha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I loved hearing from you!