Saturday, May 18, 2013

May Challenege - Favorite Blogs


Five of your favorite blogs and why you love them.

In no particular order:

1. We Took The Road Less Traveled: Casey's blog was one of the first I found when I started this blog and started reading blogs.  I love reading about her adventures living in Germany as an Air Force wife.  I love the way she writes and I usually end up laughing at some point during almost all of her post.  She always has some new adventure to share and a positive outlook on life.  Casey's blog is definitely one of my all time favorites.

2. True Colours: I recently stumbled upon Casey's inspiring blog.  Casey was born overseas in Saudi Arabia to expat parents and currently resides in Portland but is always exploring somewhere new.  She is completely in love with Paris and it shows in her writing.  She is honest about her travel experiences, both good and bad and is a very genuine person and writer.  I never get tired of hearing about her stories from overseas. She also shares my view that traveling and experiencing other cultures is the only way we will ever truly understand each other.

3. In the Pink and Green: I just love everything about Jane's blog, which I started reading right around the time she moved to Tahoe.  She lives a healthy lifestyle and is definitely up to speed on the Paleo Diet.  She also does quite a bit of exploring in her own town as well as overseas.  Her and her husband do a lot of outdoorsy things such as camping, hiking and paddle boarding! I love that every time I read her blog I never know what I am going to get because she is such a diverse writer.

4. This Battered Suitcase: When I found Brenna's blog a few short weeks ago, I was in absolute awe and I am pretty sure I spent hours reading through her posts (does that make me weird?).  Originally from Canada, she has traveled to 80(ish) countries and is such an inspiring person.  She strives to understand different cultures and fully immerses herself in her experiences and is a very honest blogger.  She is about to relocate to London to get her Masters degree and I am super excited to read about her European travels.  I can't even express how happy I am that I found her blog a few short weeks ago, what an inspiration for a travel lover such as myself.

5. Life's A Beach: Nicole's blog is another one of the first blogs I found.  I love her blog because she is a country girl like me and is content with her life.  She is a farm girl who loves her horses, pets and family and also trying new recipes.  Her's is another blog which is very diverse in topics from farming and horses to scuba diving.  I am also biased towards her blog because she was one of the first to read my blog.

Honorable Mentions:

Never Ending FootstepsHoly Hilarious!  Just go read, I can't even explain. You'll thank me later.
Luxe Land Yacht
Have Chashley, Will Travel
Explore.Dream.Discover
Peace Love Wander

A reason I love all of these blogs ... For one reason or another, I could see myself being Real Life Friends with each and every one of them.  They are all the type of people that I try to surround myself with on a daily basis: Genuine, fun and adventurous.

I hope y'all enjoy their blogs as much as I do!

6 comments:

  1. I read Road Less Traveled too! It's a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely need to check out these blogs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh thanks girl! :) I really appreciate the shout out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, Jenn!! What an honor! I'm so happy you enjoy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for mentioning me girl, that's so sweet!! I really appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw thank you so much for including me!!! I am honored :) :) You listed a lot of blogs that I LOVE too and some I haven't seen and I will have to check out. <3 I just love the blogging world for connecting and learning about different people. So fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I loved hearing from you!