Saturday, May 18, 2013

May Challenge: Childhood Memories


Tell a story from your childhood.  Dig deep and try to be descriptive about what you remember and how you felt. 

OK, so for this day I am going to tell a funny story.  First because that is the kind of mood I am in and second because it is one of only a few vivid memories that I have. 

Meet my best friend, Alex:


We have been best friends since we were about this big:

Actually we were younger when we met but this was the only one I had on my computer

One day sometime in late elementary school/early middle school, Alex and I went to spend the night at her Mom-mom's house which is about 20 minutes away from where we were living.   At the time we were real big into rollerblading and riding our bikes.  We took our roller-blades to  Mom-mom's because we obviously couldn't fit our bikes into her Mom's car. 

So, there is a cul-de-sac which is right off of Mom-mom's street which look like a great place to go rollerblading.  It was a hill and since we were professional rollerbladers, we could handle said hill.   

Also, we were big kids who didn't need to wear pads anymore, so once we got out of Mom-moms sight, those puppies came off and went in the grass.

Then we braved the hill.  Bad Idea.  As soon as we started moving, we gave each other the "oh shit" look as we started flying out of control.  Alex fell on the street and I decided that I was going to jump off into the grass, which SHOULD hurt less ... emphasis on should.   I ended up busting my knee wide open and scratching up my elbows.  Alex scraped up her hand but  my injuries were bad.

I still have the scar from that day and that is the day that I learned that maybe the grown ups do know a thing or two.   Needless to say, after getting us cleaned up and bandaged, Mom-mom was not happy.  Neither were our parents.

But we lived to do more stupid things such as jumping off bridges (which was actually fun)

3 comments:

  1. Great share and it is so wonderful that you two are still friends!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its so cool that we are still friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOPHS, did you get grounded or punished?
    Oozing Out My Ears

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I loved hearing from you!