First, I am guest posting here today about my travels in Costa Rica!
Anyone who knows me knows that Alice in Wonderland is one of my favorite books. I like the Disney movie as well but the book is better, obviously. Anyways, I have been to NYC several times but have never really gotten the chance to explore Central Park. Once I found out that there was an Alice in Wonderland Statue in Central Park, I was all over it! I researched where it was got directions and put it on our list of must see things for the day.
We went to NYC this past week and although we didn't spend as much time at the statue (or in Central Park) as I would have liked, I am still glad I got to see it and am glad that I now know a quicker way to get to it for my next visit.
| Me and the Statue |
For those who don't know much about the statue:
This statue was donated to Central Park in 1959 by a publisher and philanthropist named George Delacorte. The statue was both a gift to the children of NYC and a tribute to his late wife. The sculptors name is Jose de Creeft who was a Spanish-born and french-trained sculptor. Also, the face of the Mad Hatter is actually a caricature of George Delacorte. For those who would like to check out this statue, it is located on East 74th Street, North of the Conservatory Water.

How cool- I didn't realize this statue was there. How fun!
ReplyDelete