Our adventure driving from Chicago to Maryland was interesting, to say the least. We never made it to Cleveland and I'm pretty sure the woman at the hotel we decided to stop at almost called the cops on me. Let's just say, I don't think I'll ever be using Hotels.com again, but I'll share that story next week.
Today, I'm going to share the 8 hours that we spent in Chicago before heading out on our adventure. My flight from BWI was at 6:15am. I was obviously thrilled to be waking up at 2:45 in the morning. The flight was on time and really smooth, thankfully. It also went by surprisingly quick, though really it was only 2 hours long.
I arrived at Chicago Midway at 7:15 (time change) and Heather picked me up from the airport. We headed to her apartment to drop my stuff off and chill out for a few minutes before playing tourists.
Unfortunately, it was super cloudy and we didn't think it would be worth it to do the Sky Deck at Willis Tower, so we skipped that. We did head to Millennium Park to see the Bean, of course!
We walked around the rest of Millennium Park as well. I really want to visit Chicago again when it's warmer and all of the fountains are going.
We decided our next stop should be Navy Pier. Unfortunately, they were doing construction so it was a bit underwhelming. We did spend some time inside getting warm and buying my souvenirs.
Unfortunately, it was super cloudy and we didn't think it would be worth it to do the Sky Deck at Willis Tower, so we skipped that. We did head to Millennium Park to see the Bean, of course!
We walked around the rest of Millennium Park as well. I really want to visit Chicago again when it's warmer and all of the fountains are going.
We decided our next stop should be Navy Pier. Unfortunately, they were doing construction so it was a bit underwhelming. We did spend some time inside getting warm and buying my souvenirs.






I would love to visit Chicago, it looks so impressive and the bean! SO COOL!
ReplyDeleteThe bean is so simple but so neat! The underside of it is crazy looking!
DeleteEver since I saw the movie the Gost and the Darkness I've wanted to go to Chicago and see them at the museum. Haha, I guess after seeing these pics, there is more to do there then just see stuffed lions. Looks like you had fun :)
ReplyDeleteBrittney
http://www.bsknees.com/
http://www.bsknees.com/
Haha there is definitely a lot to do and we just skimmed the surface since we were short on time!
Deleteuh oh! why was hotels.com so bad!?
ReplyDeletei'd love to visit chicago! it looks like such a pretty (albeit windy) city..
http://bloganticipation.blogspot.com/2013/12/first-snowfall.html#comment-form
I'll be sharing that story next Tuesday! and it is a great city! I'd love to go back again in the spring or summer
DeleteI would love to visit Chicago! I'm hoping to do a mini trip there in 2014, seems like a good weekend trip. (I live in NYC.)
ReplyDeletehttp://www.melindadiorio.com
It's definitely a great city to visit if you stay in the downtown area :) we had a great time!
Delete