To be honest, I am not sad to see 2013 go. It was definitely not my best year and 2014 looks to be much brighter for us. So, on the (almost) last day of this year I am going to hit on a few things I want for this blog next year - this blog is one of the many things I hope to improve over the course of the new year!
For the first few days or maybe even the first two weeks, you will mainly be seeing book reviews on this blog.
Why?
For the first few days or maybe even the first two weeks, you will mainly be seeing book reviews on this blog.
Why?
Well, first, I am way behind on book reviews and really want to get caught up and second because I am reevaluating the content of my blog as well as my writing style.
I had a friend read some of my posts and be honest about my writing style. Apparently I write my blog like I write a paper. Minimal contractions and very proper. That is not at all how I speak and I want my blog to feel more like I am speaking to my readers. So, I will be spending the month of January pre-writing some posts and making them sound more like me.
Also, I noticed that I tend to play it safe on my blog and I don't want to do that. I want my readers to really get to know me. That is why we blog in the first place, to meet people with both similar and different views from us. Over the course of the next few months you may see posts about my decision not to have children, why the idea of marriage is hard for me, my fear of settling, and I may even through out some of my controversial political views if I really feel like starting some blogger debates ;)
Last, along with my travel recaps/reviews I want to write more about what travel means to me and some deeper thoughts about my experiences. I feel like I have only scratched the surface of why I love to travel. Traveling and reading are my two biggest passions and I want my blog to reflect that!
I am also making a few goals for this blog. I hope to read 250 followers by the summer and 500 by the end of the year. Once I hit 250 followers, I am going to start offering Ad spaces. I will be sponsoring more blogs this year and working harder to get my blog out there.
Also, I have so much exciting news to share over the next few weeks! Including wedding plans, job opportunities, and other new opportunities for Josh and I! I really really really a million times really, wish I could tell y'all about this amazing job opportunity but I can't say anything until all of my legal stuff goes through ect. But I am super excited and there are future international opportunities! Gah, I wish I could say more but I can't and it's killing me!
Moving on ...
In general, I am excited to get more involved in the blogging community and in my own and I can not wait to see what 2014 has in store for Josh and I and for this little blog (like maybe a redesign?)!
I'm looking forward to the book reviews, I'm always up for a good book to read! Wishing you a great start to 2014!
ReplyDeleteI love these ideas and changes. I can't wait to see them!
ReplyDeleteI'm with you... I hate to say it but I'm kind of happy to see what 2014 might have instore!
ReplyDeleteI'm really excited to see you push forward with your blog! :)
ReplyDeleteThese are great ideas and I think if you stick with it you'll easily be able to reach your goals! Happy new year!!
ReplyDelete