
I have this debate with people over and over again. They ask why we spend the money every year to get a real tree when we can just have a fake one and it'll last a long time. My response: I will NEVER have a fake tree. Ok, maybe when I'm 80 years old and can't physically handle a real tree, but still.
First, I love the smell of real trees. It is one of my favorite smells ever. Second, I love going and picking out the perfect tree and I love that it does not look the same every year. Also, I love decorating our real tree and finding good spots for our ornaments, and I enjoy putting different fun lights every year rather than just the ones that come with the tree. I don't judge people who have fake trees, but I will always get a real one.
This was mine and Josh's first tree that we got together in 2011. I cant find a picture of the finished product:
This was mine and Josh's first tree that we got together in 2011. I cant find a picture of the finished product:
Our tree last year before we cut it down and after it was fully decorated. I couldn't seem to get the star in the picture:
1994 - Amy's First Christmas. This is the only one I have but you can see the tree behind us:
1989 - My First Christmas:
That's all I can find for now, but I love getting real trees and having something different every year :) Unfortunately, this year we aren't doing a tree because we don't have the time or money. So we're getting a little one (yes, they sell real little Christmas trees at home depot) and just putting a few ornaments on.
Do you prefer real or fake trees for Christmas??
1989 - My First Christmas:
That's all I can find for now, but I love getting real trees and having something different every year :) Unfortunately, this year we aren't doing a tree because we don't have the time or money. So we're getting a little one (yes, they sell real little Christmas trees at home depot) and just putting a few ornaments on.
Do you prefer real or fake trees for Christmas??




.jpg)




I think fake tress go well than real ones . These trees are so beautiful tho!
ReplyDeleteNoor | Noor's Place
We've started the real tree tradition in our house too! You just can't beat that pine smell! LOVE :)
ReplyDeleteThis year we opted for a fake tree. but last last 2 years we had real trees. I miss the pine smell!
ReplyDeleteAnna Czarina
It's definitely a great smell!
DeleteI really like the idea of real trees and I think that they always look better, but when it comes down to it, I will always have a fake tree. It takes a really long time for the trees to grow back and if we cut one (or more) down every year then how will they ever keep up with it. I guess I'm just my father's daughter and think that we need to protect our living trees. I feel like I could go on about this topic forever, but I will stop now as I'm sure you are already kind of annoyed with me.
ReplyDeleteAhh I love all of these old photos!
ReplyDeleteThanks for linking up with us!
i have had real trees all my life. but i do like the fake one we put up this year, it's growing on me!
ReplyDeleteI've never had a real tree, but you've convinced me to give it a try next year! I've always wanted one :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for linking up with us!
I always grew up with fake trees, so that's what I stick to. I think it would be great to have a real tree one Christmas, but I just don't like the mess! I also love that my tree is prelit-woohoo (yes, I'm so lazy!) That's great you have so many photos of each year. Makes me wanna go through my old photos and pull some out to look at :)
ReplyDeletelivingincolormom.com
Haha, yeah they are definitely messy and it take a few hours to decorate them! And thanks, it was so fun to go through all the old pictures! :)
DeleteI grew up with a mixture of both but I liked real trees more then. As an adult it's fake all the way because real trees are not worth the mess!
ReplyDeleteI love looking at the tree over the years! Funny how things change!
ReplyDelete