Friday, July 12, 2013

Bucket List: Visit the Redwood Forest


I visited the Redwood Forest in March of 2008 on an Alternative Spring Break trip to Boulder Creek, CA which I wrote about here.

This was a great experience.  We didn't get to spend as much time really exploring the forest as I would have liked but it was definitely neat to see these humungous trees.  It is unreal how tall they are!


Facts About Redwoods: 
 Redwood Trees grow to be approximately 112 meters tall (367 feet), but can be as tall as 370 feet.
Redwoods have cones that grow on the tips of the higher branches.  Only 1 or 2 of 10 seeds with germinate.
Redwoods thrive in a moist climate.
Redwoods can hold approximately 34,000 pounds of water!
Redwoods can live to be about 2000 years old.






I definitely hope to go back to California and explore more of Redwoods National Park :)

6 comments:

  1. So happy that I found your blog through the Blog Hop today! I would love to visit the Redwoods. I live in Arizona, so I'm not too far from California and it's definitely on my bucket list. To camp there is definitely on my ever-evolving list of things to do! x

    http://www.kayliwanders.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness those trees are TOO COOL! I need to get myself back to the states so I can start checking off my own USA bucket list! Would you believe I've never been to Cali? Much less the West coast. I know, so sad! I've seen more of Europe than my own country! I blame the Air Force. :)

    Thanks for linking up to the blog hop today, girlie! Hope you have a stellar weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We drove to the redwood forest on our honeymoon (17 years ago! gasp!). Great pictures. Looks just a gorgeous as I remember!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow that looks so amazing!! i want to go there now...

    heather
    honeebeeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing pictures... Would love to explore there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man do I want to visit these babies :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I loved hearing from you!