A Time to Kill
By: John Grisham
Read: 6/20/12
Pages: 515
"Clanton, Mississippi.
The life of a ten-year-old girl is shattered by two drunken and
remorseless young men. The mostly white town reacts with shock and
horror at the inhuman crime. Until her black father acquires an assault
rifle and takes justice into his own outraged hands.
For ten days, as burning crosses and the crack of sniper fire spread throughout the streets of Clanton, the nation sits spellbound as young defense attorney Jake Brigance struggles to save his client's life... and then his own..."
{GoodReads}
For ten days, as burning crosses and the crack of sniper fire spread throughout the streets of Clanton, the nation sits spellbound as young defense attorney Jake Brigance struggles to save his client's life... and then his own..."
{GoodReads}
I think this is a story everyone knows, whether through the movie or the book. What an incredible story! The Writing was amazing and the story never got boring, I was interested the whole time. Jake's speech at the very end, alone, makes the book worth reading. I don't know what else to say other than that everyone should be required to read this book (I think it is especially appropriate now with all the stuff with the Trayvon Martin case) and it should be part of school curriculum, though I know it never will be. Also, the movie is one which is incredibly close to the book! I was impressed and I am super picky and critical! So, even if you are not a reader, you should still watch the movie!
I gave this book a 5/5 on GoodReads
I gave this book a 5/5 on GoodReads

Hey, I'm a newest follower on GFC from the weekend hop.
ReplyDeleteI'd love it if you can follow me back :)
xoxo
ochibernadas.blogspot.com
I thought this was a pretty good book, too. It's one of my favorite John Grishams, along with 'The Client' and (although it's not one of his legal thrillers) 'A Painted House.'
ReplyDeleteI've never read this book, or seen the movies. But the movie is one of my husband's favorites, and he also quoting random pieces of it to me.
ReplyDelete