I seriously intended on really getting back into blogging but majorly failed these past two weeks. I have a bunch of half finished posts in my drafts that I wanted to finish, but before I could, Josh came home sick one day. It was all down hill from there.
I had been feeling dizzy for about a week but last Wednesday (17th) I woke up really dizzy with a sore throat. I went to work anyway. I got there and asked my boss if she could get someone to come in 4 hours early so I could go home. Literally right after I sent the text I felt really nauseous and ended up getting sick, so my boss came in and sent me to patient first. On my way there I felt nauseous one more time and literally had to pull over on the side of 95. I'm sure it was really attractive. By time I got to patient first my throat felt much better and I never got sick again but I was still dizzy. The Dr. did some blood work but nothing came back so he sent me home. My Mom suggested migraine meds, which helped.
I got home, went to sleep and expected to feel better when I woke up. Nope, I felt worse. I was extra dizzy, stuffy, and couldn't breathe. I didn't sleep at all that night and still had to go to work overnight on Thursday. That was loads of fun. This lasted til Friday when I started feeling a bit better. However, I got only one hour of sleep on Saturday due to a baby shower I went to and only two on Sunday because I wanted to go to the Renaissance Festival. So I started feeling kind of bad again. However, on Monday morning when I got off work I went home (630am) and slept til 630pm and then only stayed up til 2am before sleeping for another 8 hours. I started to feel better at that point and by Wednesday I felt pretty good and Thursday I felt 100%.
Needless to say, it was a rough week. We did have a good time at the Renaissance Festival and it was good to get out of the house. I seriously think I watched every Jimmy Fallon video in existence when I was sick - I spent way to much time doing nothing. The past few days have about catching up on things. Josh and I were both sick so bills got neglected, the house got neglected, pretty much everything but youtube got neglected. I've been cleaning and doing laundry like a mad woman and trying to get caught up.
Now for some good news:
* My new passport and southwest rapid rewards card both came in this week (I'm not sure when because the mail was another thing that got neglected) and I'm so excited :) I had to renew both of them in my married name. Now I don't look like a drug addict in my passport photo. Seriously, the old one was bad.
* We booked our flights to Florida! We only paid $70 thanks to rewards points. We had to pay government fees and automatic check in fees out of pocket or it would have been free! I love points cards!
* Good and bad news, I'm starting a second job. I am so bored lately that it's actually making me anxious so I needed either another job or a new hobby and since the two hobbies I want (horseback riding and violin lessons) are too expensive right now, second job it is. Plus, all the money will be going to paying off two of my student loans and my credit cards which will help with the no money situation. If I work for a year at the second job I should be able to get everything paid off for the most part. Also, the job is at Applebees where I used to work, so I know the job and the people which makes life easier and they're willing to work with my full-time job.
* Our cruise is a little over a month away!!! I CAN'T FRIGGIN WAIT!!! For real y'all, I need to get away from my job before someone dies. 7 days in paradise seems like just the ticket :) plus, I'll be able to check off three more Central American countries off my list; Honduras, Mexico and Belize :)
* We have two more cruises in the works :) We will be booking our "Friends Cruise" when we get back from our honeymoon (because we'll get a better price that way) which we'll be going on in September 2015. I wasn't sure if I really wanted to do it because we'll be going to Grand Cayman and Cozumel which are two places we're going this year BUT the friends cruise has Jamaica which I've always wanted to go to, so we're doing it. We're also going down two days early to go to Disney/Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Also, we have picked a Europe cruise and are just waiting for the dates for 2016 to become available! We'll be starting in Copenhagen and going to the Netherlands, England, Ireland, and Scotland. We'll end in London.

We love cruising too! We are doing that Belize/Honduras/Mexico cruise you mentioned over New Year's. We're actually flying to Boston & doing a fall foliage cruise this month that goes to two cities in Maine and two cities in Canada. I'm super excited! :) That Europe cruise sounds great too! What cruise line do you all like?
ReplyDeleteohh these sound like some great plans ahead of you!
ReplyDelete