In 2007, my best friends Dad got a job in Arizona and decided to accept it, so naturally I had to go visit!! They moved right before the start of the school year (my first year of college) so I scheduled a trip for the end of spring semester in June of 2008. Also, my friend Kristin joined!
We had a short flight from Baltimore to Newark then to Phoenix!
We arrived in AZ and were immediately taken to get some amazing food at a place called Oregano's in Phoenix. Amazing!! They had this cookie ice cream dessert that was to die for, plus it is a restaurant that is almost 100% outdoors!
I didn't keep a journal for this trip but here are some highlights and things I do remember:
Hanging Out By The Pool
Going Shopping At The Mall Where Jordan Sparks Worked
(and getting really annoyed at constantly hearing her songs on the radio)
Modeling Our New Clothes - Duh
Going to A Place Called Castles and Coasters
(Roller Coasters and Mini Golf/Go Karts ... Weirdest thing ever)
Going to an Old West Town, Rawhide
(this will have its own post)
Westgate and Margaritaville
Hammerhead Jacks
The Beautiful Desert
Hanging Out By The Pool
Going Shopping At The Mall Where Jordan Sparks Worked
(and getting really annoyed at constantly hearing her songs on the radio)
Modeling Our New Clothes - Duh
Going to A Place Called Castles and Coasters
(Roller Coasters and Mini Golf/Go Karts ... Weirdest thing ever)
Going to an Old West Town, Rawhide
(this will have its own post)
Westgate and Margaritaville
Hammerhead Jacks
The Beautiful Desert







I've never been to Arizona but it looks like a fun place to visit! Looks like you girls had fun!
ReplyDeleteRawhide! I went there in high school as part of a trip to the Fiesta Bowl. The area is so beautiful.
ReplyDeleteLooks so fun!
ReplyDelete:) Liz @ www.rusticpeach.com
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI love going to Arizona! My grandma has a house down there. I used to go every year until I got married and had kids. haha Chris and I are hoping to go this fall though. My grandma's house is in Sun City which is a retirement community 30 minutes west of Phoenix. Do you remember which mall that was. It looked like Arrowhead.
ReplyDeleteThe western bit looks like so much fun and a must for when you are AZ. Makes me miss sarsaparilla and mexican food. Thank you for linking up with Belinda and I for Travel Tuesday! I hope you link up again next week.
ReplyDeleteBonnie Rose | A Compass Rose