Sunday, November 11, 2012

Veterans Day

Veterans day is one of those days that means a lot to me.  A lot of my friends and Family have served over seas and I think it is important to remember what they do and what they sacrifice for our freedom and for our country 
and some give the ultimate sacrifice


Army Staff Sgt. William Allers 3rd - Sept. 20 2005
Purple Heart, Bronze Star, Combat Infantry Badge. 

Billy was my Dad's closest friends son.  He was KIA in Iraq in 2005 saving the lives of two of his fellow soldiers when an IED hit his humvee.  He left behind a wife and two young boys.  He is a true American hero.

I believe that veterans day is one of the most important holidays that we celebrate because it reminds us of how much it really costs to be free.  I was more than happy to work all day serving the veterans in my area with free meals today at work.

Thank You for all that you do!!! 

 We are the Land of the Free Because of the Brave <3

1 comment:

  1. This is a wonderful post. My husband told me that out of his group (I dunno he had a name for it I can't remember) there are like 12 of them still alive or something crazy like that. And he told me it was like 144 or again I'm struggling with the numbers right now. It's because of all of those wonderful people that we do get to say we're free!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I loved hearing from you!