It is absolutely no secret that I LOVE Harry Potter. I mean seriously, I want to be Hermione Granger. Anyways, the other night I was telling Josh about some books that I had read and told him they were great but nothing beats Harry Potter, I mean Harry Potter is just superior to all, right? Josh didn't agree, so began our 30 minute argument over HP vs Star Wars (obvs. HP is better). I mean, 10 minutes of that was debating between Yoda and Dumbledore ... like that is even an argument (sorry, Dumbledore is totally more badass than Yoda). This argument got intense (and I had to question whether I could actually marry this guy!) .... in the end I won (in my head, anyways). Since I began re-reading the books (I'm already almost done the first!) I decided to do a post on why HP is the best!
1. J.K. Rowling's dedication to creating this world. I mean really, she wrote all 7 detailed HP books then went and wrote the Tales of Beedle the Bard, Fantastic Beast and Where to Find Them, and Quidditch Through the Ages.
2. In the words of ....well I'm really not sure who actually said this, for now we'll go with, n the words of Pinterest .....
3. Lets be honest, Albus Dumbledore is a badass. Also, he is the wisest man you could ever come into contact with. I wish we could be friends.
4. Hermione Granger. I want to be her. She is such a great (even if she is fictional) role model for young women. Yeah, she ended up with Ron, but she was a strong, smart individual that did not depend on a man for her happiness or safety. That girl could hold her own, I wouldn't mess with her.
5. The life lessons to be learned from Harry Potter. I have never learned so much about life in one series as I have from Harry Potter, and its a fantasy series!
6. The dynamic characters, especially in the books. The way JK Rowling develops these characters is amazing. I feel like I truly know each of them. It's not just a surface skim of the characters.
My favorite (or one of them), Luna Lovegood! I also love the development of the relationships between the characters, I can not say enough about it.
7. Last, (for this post) I love that you can always go back to Hogwarts :)














No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks! I loved hearing from you!